What's new

Purge Statistic/Web History

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it possible to move the traffic.db to an USB device to prevent too much writing to jiffs? What is the difference with the Traffic history location?

Many thanks

There's no way to tell Traffic Analyzer where the database is located. This is completely unrelated to IPTraffic.

Thanks, maybe it is solvable at OS level by replacing traffic.db to a softlink pointing to a different location on USB disk

Thanks, maybe it is solvable at OS level by replacing traffic.db to a softlink pointing to a different location on USB disk

The potential issue I can see is that Traffic Analyzer might get started before USB disks become available. IPTraffic is smart enough to retry until the disk becomes available, I suspect Traffic Analyzer doesn't.

Traffic Analyzer content is stored in /jffs/traffic.db. Make sure Traffic Analyzer is disabled, them delete that file over SSH.

Hi, brand new to the site can you please tell me what is the correct information I need to enter to access the traffic.db

I changed the File Protocol: to SCP and I'm putting in /jffs/traffic.db or /jffs in the Host Name: and pressing Login but I get "Host /jffs/traffic.db does not exist" and "Host /jffs does not exist".

I don't know exactly where this /jffs/traffic.db resides so I don't know what user name and password to use. I would assume it is my router user name and password?

But a user name and password seem unimportant at this point if it can't find the host to log into.

Appreciate whatever help can be given.

Attachments

• WinSCP.jpg
    WinSCP.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 562
The hostname/address is the address of your router, i.e. 192.168.1.1 or whatever you changed it to.

Ok thanks that makes sense. I put in 192.168.x.x (changed from the usual 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) and used the applicable user name and password, but regardless of what combination of protocol or encryption type I select I keep getting a message back that it is refusing the connection, is there some setting in my Asus RT-AC68U that needs to be setup to allow a connection through WinSCP? as I can access the router no problems using the normal web browser method.

I should mention I tried SFTP and it said it was listening on FTP, so that suggests I should be able to log in using FTP?

FTP doesn't allow access to the jffs partition, only SCP and SSH do.

SCP requires SSH to be enabled.

Can't seem to get SCP to work, and really don't know how to set up SSH properly. Tried different settings in WinSCP but can't get any combination to work. So I might need to put this one in the too hard basket and just leave the Traffic Analyzer as is.

Just in case someone is still searching for a way to easily clear the traffic analyzer log, there is a gray trashcan icon on the traffic analyzer page of some Asus Router firmware. That will delete it. The link below goes more into details about the trashcan icon. You should have the latest Asus firmware. No need to flash custom firmware for this:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!