What's new

News QNAP QHora-301W Wi-Fi6 Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Qnap networking equipment is looking pretty decent and runs quite solid so far when I've been testing their switches etc.
I guess the next product they'll need to become a useful all in one ecosystem for smb's is a few models of dedicated AP's.
Could make for an interesting proposition as I find their actual NAS products pretty damn solid and the updates are always delivered in a timely fashion for security patches.

Love to see new options in the SOHO/SMB space as well, but QNAP has their work cut out for them if they actually want to enter the SMB space and compete. Best of luck to them, though. We all reap the benefits either way.

Since the Asus RT-AX89AX is still not available in Europe i'm very interested in this new QNAP router with his two 10Gbe interfaces.

A 45 minutes long video just to show up a router? A bit long-winded, aren't they?

A 45 minutes long video just to show up a router? A bit long-winded, aren't they?
I prefer a long video and skip the parts I'm not interested in than a short video with less interesting informations ;-)

QNAP France told me the router should be available in december.
According to this french website, the msrp will be at 279 € (without taxe).

I thing I will replace my cisco WAP 150 (wifi 5 access point) by this router

Last edited:
How do you know what parts to skip though? Is there a written review out there?

How do you know what parts to skip though? Is there a written review out there?
[I hope we do not have a misunderstanding (english is not my first language ;-) ]
This presentation video from the manufacturer has no chapter and I skipped the part on the SD Wan at the end.

I haven't found any written review on this device. I think it is because it is not available on the market for the moment.

Nor is mine, but for myself, I don't know what movies were not worth seeing until after I had paid and seen them. :)

The cost in this case is up to 45 minutes wasted when I just need the bare facts.

Nor is mine, but for myself, I don't know what movies were not worth seeing until after I had paid and seen them. :)

The cost in this case is up to 45 minutes wasted when I just need the bare facts.

I see... :)
In this case don't waste your time like I did you will learn nothing more than the nascompare web page given in the first message of this topic. ;-)

Very enticing product! Too bad that for my useage case, I don't really want my router and my wireless AP to be at the same location.

You can buy two of these : one you will use as a router and the other one as a an Access Point !

That sounds quite expensive for an access point however, unless they had some advanced mesh management technology making it worth it. Otherwise, I would get something more basic as an access point. The AP won`t require much CPU performance or RAM to do its job.

I prefer a long video and skip the parts I'm not interested in than a short video with less interesting informations ;-)

You`re probably younger than me, and prefer to watch a 45 mins video rather than spend 5-10 mins reading a review :)

That sounds quite expensive for an access point however, unless they had some advanced mesh management technology making it worth it. Otherwise, I would get something more basic as an access point. The AP won`t require much CPU performance or RAM to do its job.
You are right, especially if you don't need 10G ports on your router and/or your AP. Besides, QNAP does not mention any mesh functionality for this device.

You`re probably younger than me, and prefer to watch a 45 mins video rather than spend 5-10 mins reading a review :)
I'm not young... but im'not old either :) (I'm 41). I think it is mostely a personnal preference rather a generational preference :cool:

I'm not young... but im'not old either :) (I'm 41). I think it is mostely a personnal preference rather a generational preference :cool:

Ok, close enough to me (I'm in the upper 40s area myself). It's just that usually, the people who prefer to watch a video rather than read a written review tend to be of the younger Internet generation, the one that grew up with social medias rather than with BBSes :) And these also tend to have more free time on their hands to watch longer videos.

Hey!

Thanks a lot for the tip! It looks really interesting router for a great price. Anyone knows about the firmware and how flexible is it?

Not yet, though I know it uses the same app as on the qnap Nas that is available to download and configure. So may give it a go this weekend if I get time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!