What's new

QOS Classification Pie Data Blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zackattack784

Regular Contributor
Anyone else have this problem? I'm setting up an AX58U for my parents and the upload download data is blank in QOS. I have an AX88U at my house and everything works as intended with FreshJR. I've factory reset the router, uninstalled and reinstalled FreshJR multiple times and I'm at a loss. Looking at the tracked connections it appears it's coding them correctly. If it's just a pie chart bug I can live with it but it's odd it works fine on my AX88U but it's not working on an AX58U.
upload_2020-5-23_9-45-42.png

Test without the FreshJR addon installed.

Test without the FreshJR addon installed.
Thanks for moving, I intended to post in this forum but realized after the fact I did not.

I uninstalled FreshJR, restarted QOS, and restarted the router. Same thing. Very weird. It does seem to categorize the connections though so if QOS is actually working correctly I don't really care about the graph.
upload_2020-5-23_14-2-16.png

upload_2020-5-23_14-4-12.png

All your traffic counters are zero however, so it seems traffic accounting isn't working. Have you made any changes to your traffic classification setup (for instance, replaced htb with another traffic scheduler)?

If not and you are still using the default htb scheduler, what does the following command return?

Code:
cat /sys/module/sch_htb/parameters/htb_rate_est

Actually, the issue is in Asus's code. Adaptive QoS was broken on the RT-AX58U until recently. You will have to wait for me to have a newer GPL containing the fixes.

I have exactly the same issue on my RT-AX56U with or without the FreshJR addon, does it share the same broken code?

I have exactly the same issue on my RT-AX56U with or without the FreshJR addon, does it share the same broken code?

I don't know. Check the posts on the stock firmware forum, you'll see if there are similar complains for the RT-AX56U.

I don't know. Check the posts on the stock firmware forum, you'll see if there are similar complains for the RT-AX56U.
I'm sorry but I don't remember the Classification tab being present on the stock firmware, I have checked and nobody has reported it as an issue.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the Classification tab being present on the stock firmware, I have checked and nobody has reported it as an issue.

The reported issue for the RT-AX58U was Adaptive QoS not working. The charts merely made it more visible as you could visually see that all traffic counters stayed at zero.

The reported issue for the RT-AX58U was Adaptive QoS not working. The charts merely made it more visible as you could visually see that all traffic counters stayed at zero.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. The output of cat /sys/module/sch_htb/parameters/htb_rate_est returns '0' with no changes made to the default htb scheduler so maybe Adaptive QOS is also broken on the RT-AX56U .