1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

QOS Classification Pie Data Blank

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by zackattack784, May 23, 2020 at 9:50 AM.

1. zackattack784

zackattack784 Occasional Visitor

Anyone else have this problem? I'm setting up an AX58U for my parents and the upload download data is blank in QOS. I have an AX88U at my house and everything works as intended with FreshJR. I've factory reset the router, uninstalled and reinstalled FreshJR multiple times and I'm at a loss. Looking at the tracked connections it appears it's coding them correctly. If it's just a pie chart bug I can live with it but it's odd it works fine on my AX88U but it's not working on an AX58U.
    upload_2020-5-23_9-45-42.png

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Test without the FreshJR addon installed.

3. zackattack784

Thanks for moving, I intended to post in this forum but realized after the fact I did not.

I uninstalled FreshJR, restarted QOS, and restarted the router. Same thing. Very weird. It does seem to categorize the connections though so if QOS is actually working correctly I don't really care about the graph.
    upload_2020-5-23_14-2-16.png
    upload_2020-5-23_14-4-12.png

4. tmcb82

tmcb82 Occasional Visitor

Do you have an IPv6 address?

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

All your traffic counters are zero however, so it seems traffic accounting isn't working. Have you made any changes to your traffic classification setup (for instance, replaced htb with another traffic scheduler)?

If not and you are still using the default htb scheduler, what does the following command return?

Code:
    cat /sys/module/sch_htb/parameters/htb_rate_est

6. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Actually, the issue is in Asus's code. Adaptive QoS was broken on the RT-AX58U until recently. You will have to wait for me to have a newer GPL containing the fixes.

royarcher, QuikSilver and L&LD like this.
  7. zackattack784

Thanks Merlin that makes me feel better.

royarcher and QuikSilver like this.
  8. Fulch58

Fulch58 New Around Here

I have exactly the same issue on my RT-AX56U with or without the FreshJR addon, does it share the same broken code?

9. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I don't know. Check the posts on the stock firmware forum, you'll see if there are similar complains for the RT-AX56U.

royarcher and QuikSilver like this.
  10. Fulch58

Fulch58 New Around Here

I'm sorry but I don't remember the Classification tab being present on the stock firmware, I have checked and nobody has reported it as an issue.

11. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

The reported issue for the RT-AX58U was Adaptive QoS not working. The charts merely made it more visible as you could visually see that all traffic counters stayed at zero.

12. Fulch58

Fulch58 New Around Here

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. The output of cat /sys/module/sch_htb/parameters/htb_rate_est returns '0' with no changes made to the default htb scheduler so maybe Adaptive QOS is also broken on the RT-AX56U .