What's new

QTS 4.2 - Live Demo/Simulator

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

http://usanasdemo.myqnapcloud.com:8080/cgi-bin/

User/Pass - qnap/qnap

Seems to be intel based, judging from system info, but a nice walk-thru compared to those running QTS 4.1 and earlier on Intel/ARM...

I like how they moved up the Dashboard icon from the bottom right to the far upper right.

The blue loading window in the beginning screamed Windows LOL...whereas the icon set yells Android!

Pretty neat....I like it...

Oh and how Classic...HD Warning messages with the fans going Mach 3! HAHA!

hd_warning-jpg.4510

highfans-jpg.4512

That's hilarious....

Attachments

• HD_Warning.jpg
    HD_Warning.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,470
  • HighFans.jpg
    HighFans.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,468
Last edited:
I like how they moved up the Dashboard icon from the bottom right to the far upper right.

The blue loading window in the beginning screamed Windows LOL...whereas the icon set yells Android!

Pretty neat....I like it...

Oh and how Classic...HD Warning messages with the fans going Mach 3! HAHA!

Yeah... QNAP continues to refine their UI - it's also a bit iOS like as well, except that...

That being said - they've done much with HTML in their GUI (as have other Tier 1 NAS vendors), but browsers do become a problem - should we do WebKit, Blink, Gekko, or Trident?

I think the FANS/TEMPS - that's you, lol :D :D :D

The QTS 4.2 RC version has hit RC3 status.

It should be released very soon now, I expect.

The QTS 4.2 RC version has hit RC3 status.

It should be released very soon now, I expect.

it's been in private/public beta now for a long time - let's hope it's stable on the public release..

Well the released RC4 roughly 1-2 days after RC3. Still have a few open issues with them personally so I think it still needs a little more cooking.

Well the released RC4 roughly 1-2 days after RC3. Still have a few open issues with them personally so I think it still needs a little more cooking.

I don't mind them baking it a bit longer - it's a major update - probably should have been called 5.0 considering all the changes under the hood...

What issues? I have been testing on a spare TS-220 with no issues I can find?

I don't mind them baking it a bit longer - it's a major update - probably should have been called 5.0 considering all the changes under the hood...

I guess they don't want to appear behind Synology's DSM as they're at 5.2? At 4.2, it is a little more obvious that the versions don't line up together.

I guess they don't want to appear behind Synology's DSM as they're at 5.2? At 4.2, it is a little more obvious that the versions don't line up together.

Could be - also that 4.2 is the end of line for many "classic" models in QNAP's lineup, so spinning a major rev might send the wrong signals.. who knows...