What's new

question about wireless N

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adam1378

New Around Here
I have small question about my Wireless N adapter. I am using the wndr3700 router with a Acer 5735z, Atheros ar5b91, win7 64bit RC. I was curious how to use the 5 mhz band of my router. If it is possible. Am I supposed to see the SSID for the two bands? Thank you and I hope I dont sound too uneducated about this.

Unless you changed the default settings in the router, it should have both radios enabled.

If you are not seeing two wireless networks, then check the wireless network properties in the Acer. You might have to enable 5 GHz operation.

Thanks for responding to my question. I do not see two networks so I looked for an option to enable the dual band but didn't find anything. I have upgraded the hdd and operating system from vista to win7.

I don't know what the problem is then. Are you sure of the wireless adapter type?
What do the wireless adapter network properties say?

You would find any adapter controls under the advanced properties tab for the adapter.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!