What's new

Question for RP-AX56 as media bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jmpr

Regular Contributor
I have several devices (2 computer and a NAS) connected to a switch and the switch connected to a wifi extender in media bridge mode that connects wirelessly as a client to the router. Does SP-AX56 support this use? I need to upgrade my extender to AX and need to know if it is posible.

I have several devices (2 computer and a NAS) connected to a switch and the switch connected to a wifi extender in media bridge mode that connects wirelessly as a client to the router. Does SP-AX56 support this use? I need to upgrade my extender to AX and need to know if it is posible.
SP-AX56?

According to the specs on the Asus websites here and here it does.
Operation mode
Range extender mode
Access point mode
Media bridge mode
Although the Quick Start guide only talks about Repeater mode, AiMesh mode and AP mode.

Last edited:
SP-AX56?

According to the specs on the Asus websites here and here it does.

Although the Quick Start guide only talks about Repeater mode, AiMesh mode and AP mode.
Yes, I read those specs, but it doesn't say if it may give service to a single device or to more devices, using a switch. Perhaps there is sombody else that owns one and have tested that. I have trien to find a substitute for a DLINK DAP1522, that have run this way for about 8 years, but it is only wifi N dualband. Thanks.

Yes, I read those specs, but it doesn't say if it may give service to a single device or to more devices, using a switch.
Well if it does support Media Bridge mode then it must support multiple devices because that's what that mode does. The question is whether anyone can confirm that it really does support Media Bridge mode. It wouldn't be the first time that Asus' website said something supported a specific mode but in reality it didn't.

RT-AX56U has media bridge, repeater, AI node, AI Mesh router, and AI Mesh AP modes.

But, you're saying RP-AX56U and I don't know if it's just a typo or a different model.

RT-AX56U has media bridge, repeater, AI node, AI Mesh router, and AI Mesh AP modes.

But, you're saying RP-AX56U and I don't know if it's just a typo or a different model.
It is a different device:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!