What's new

Question regarding AI Mesh with Asus Routers.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

papaskyfox

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

Newbie on this sorta stuff. I have 2 AX92U Mesh routers. I am looking at upgrading them and still using them. I would like to buy a top end router that hopefully supports mesh also. I was looking at the GT-AX11000. I dont need a GAMING ROUTER lol, but this one looked promising.

If I were to use the "newer" lets say AX11000 as my primary point connected to my Xfinity Router, then would I be able to use the two ax92u's or odes it have to be the same model numbers?

Thank you!

As per Asus, all AiMesh capable routers may be used in AiMesh setup. AX11000 with two AX92Us sound like a good plan, if you're planning wireless AiMesh setup. The only catch is AX92Us have one AX radio only and if you dedicate it to the wireless backhaul, AX92Us will turn into AC access points.

As per Asus, all AiMesh capable routers may be used in AiMesh setup. AX11000 with two AX92Us sound like a good plan, if you're planning wireless AiMesh setup. The only catch is AX92Us have one AX radio only and if you dedicate it to the wireless backhaul, AX92Us will turn into AC access points.
Oh geez, yeah my wifi 6 on the two 92u's is always acting up. I have it on the backhaul and it annoying. What do you suppose would be the ideal set up? I have hardline everywhere in my house. The wifi is for phones and smart devices mainly.

Oh geez, yeah my wifi 6 on the two 92u's is always acting up. I have it on the backhaul and it annoying. What do you suppose would be the ideal set up? I have hardline everywhere in my house. The wifi is for phones and smart devices mainly.

If you connect both the 92u's hardwired to your new router, you don't have to dedicate your AX radio as a wireless backhaul. You can configure AIMesh to use ethernet as default backhaul. That way you can use the AX radio(s) on all three to build a Wifi 6 Mesh network. There still seem to be some stability issues, but from what I've read you have less issues to expect then when you are going to combine AX and AC nodes to build your mesh network.

What do you suppose would be the ideal set up?

I would purchase an AX86U for router, wire the AX92Us as nodes, disable AC radio on AX92Us and use the AX radio only on 5GHz. This way I'll get router as fast as AX11000 with wired AiMesh on 2 Wi-Fi channels only, one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz + AX support across the network, all for less cost.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!