What's new

question - those that have reverted back to router/ap (non aimesh) with current firmware, stable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brucemac

Occasional Visitor
Question for those that have installed the latest AIMESH firmware and then for whatever reason reverted back to a traditional setup (router + AP for example). Is the current aimesh firmware stable or are there issues in that configuration as well? Just wondering if I should roll back to a different FW revision, and if so, what's a good solid stable version?

Hoping things get ironed out with AIMESH as it suits my needs, but for the moment, I've spent too much time monkeying with it and had too many issues with connectivity, especially Echo's, Hue and Roku TV's. Put an old Netgear in place for an AP to fill the gap, but just reconfigured my 2nd 68U back to AP mode and wanting to put it back in place.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

--B

I had 2 GT-AC5300's I reverted back to AP's on the old beta firmware and all seemed to function well. Just set channels manually to 1 being high end and 1 being low end of channel set using the same SSID and enabled roaming assist. Worked fairly well and was stable. With official firmware dropping today, was able to get AiMesh working again, so back to using that. Think other firmware updates may have been released for some models today as well.

New firmware released today. Working well so far!

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I had 2 GT-AC5300's I reverted back to AP's on the old beta firmware and all seemed to function well. Just set channels manually to 1 being high end and 1 being low end of channel set using the same SSID and enabled roaming assist. Worked fairly well and was stable. With official firmware dropping today, was able to get AiMesh working again, so back to using that. Think other firmware updates may have been released for some models today as well.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies. Ggruszynski, can you elaborate on the channel numbers? I'm not sure I follow there. I've got (1) 68U as router, (1) 68U as AP and a 66U as an AP in our loft.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies. Ggruszynski, can you elaborate on the channel numbers? I'm not sure I follow there. I've got (1) 68U as router, (1) 68U as AP and a 66U as an AP in our loft.

@brucemac was referring to the tri-band routers since there is one using the standard lower band 5GHz channels and another using the upper band 5GHz channel.