What's new

Question with Ai mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaad

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone.

I have a GT ax11000 and I bought 2 zen wifi XT8

The three of them are 3 band capable but when I do the AI mesh setup the third band is restricted to do the AI mesh.

The three of them are connected by ethernet so I shouldn't worry about using the third band for connections, but my problem is that I already liberated the third band in the AX11000 via web browser but I cannot see the other 2 routers or I cannot confirmgure them.

Does anyone have idea of how to do that???

Search for methods to access an AiMesh router via ssh.

Could you please point me in the right direction??? I dont know how to use SSh but willing to learn

Take the pertinent information from the amtm Step-by-Step Guide in my signature below for a basic overview of using ssh . :)

Hi, in theory by switching on the 'ethernet backhaul mode' that you can find in AiMesh->Systems settings page the wifi bands dedicated to backhaul are freed for user usage. I Don't know if this option is available in your specific firmware version however, but at least in 386/merlin firmwares it is there.

Hi, in theory by switching on the 'ethernet backhaul mode' that you can find in AiMesh->Systems settings page the wifi bands dedicated to backhaul are freed for user usage. I Don't know if this option is available in your specific firmware version however, but at least in 386/merlin firmwares it is there.

Last time I checked merlin was not available for my hardware. But yes, thats on paper but in reality I cannot see the second 5ghz band in the other nodes.

My house is really weird, Is made of brick and the exterior is texturized with concrete so even when the AX11000 should give me more coverage some days I'm in the kids room which is 6 7 meters away and already lost 2 bars of coverage.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!