What's new

Questions for 2x RT-AX58U in AiMesh network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

csbalogh

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I have two ASUS RT-AX58U with AiMesh in my home. They are working stabile, but I have 1-2 questions:
-Guest network: I know, that with AiMesh, the only option is, that the Guest network is only on the main Router. Do we have any other options?
-How can I view the processor and memory usage for the AiMesh node - I mean from the Router app or Web UI?
-Are the WiFi settings synchronized to all of the AiMesh nodes (for example AX MU-MIMO)? I guess, that the settings are "standard" on the nodes, because I have different speeds from the QNAP TS-230 NAS (cable, Gigabit, AiMesh router) on the main router and on the node. Can I "switch on" the settings sync to the nodes, or should I set the settings manual with nvram commands?

Thank you for your help,

Csaba

Hello,
I have two ASUS RT-AX58U with AiMesh in my home. They are working stabile, but I have 1-2 questions:
-Guest network: I know, that with AiMesh, the only option is, that the Guest network is only on the main Router. Do we have any other options?
-How can I view the processor and memory usage for the AiMesh node - I mean from the Router app or Web UI?
-Are the WiFi settings synchronized to all of the AiMesh nodes (for example AX MU-MIMO)? I guess, that the settings are "standard" on the nodes, because I have different speeds from the QNAP TS-230 NAS (cable, Gigabit, AiMesh router) on the main router and on the node. Can I "switch on" the settings sync to the nodes, or should I set the settings manual with nvram commands?

Thank you for your help,

Csaba

AiMesh 2.0 in beta now has introduced guest WLAN1s across all nodes:

By design, the AiMesh router/root node manages the remote nodes. Users have hacked settings directly on the remote nodes for various reasons, but this is not normal usage.

Your speed difference could relate to a wireless uplink between the nodes (shared WiFi) and/or various other unknown factors.

OE

By design, the AiMesh router/root node manages the remote nodes. Users have hacked settings directly on the remote nodes for various reasons, but this is not normal usage.

Your speed difference could relate to a wireless uplink between the nodes (shared WiFi) and/or various other unknown factors.

OE

Hello,
Thank you for your help. I will try the 2.0.
The speed difference is something else, because the 2 routers are connected via Gigabit cable. I can only imagine the settings...

Csaba

Hello,
Thank you for your help. I will try the 2.0.
The speed difference is something else, because the 2 routers are connected via Gigabit cable. I can only imagine the settings...

Csaba

Be sure to configure and confirm AiMesh 2.0 is using that Gigabit cable. AiMesh 2.0 introduces new/more control over wired backhauls.

OE

OE

Hello,
I installed the 386 RC2 on both of them, and everything work as should until now.
The only thing what I want to ask is, can I see the CPU usages of the node from the Web UI or App as for AiMesh router? Or we don't have such a feature for the nodes?

Thank you again,

Csaba

Hello,
I installed the 386 RC2 on both of them, and everything work as should until now.
The only thing what I want to ask is, can I see the CPU usages of the node from the Web UI or App as for AiMesh router? Or we don't have such a feature for the nodes?

Thank you again,

Csaba

What you see is what you get.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!