What's new

Questions in regards to the traffic monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

osker246

Occasional Visitor
Does the traffic monitor only record data incoming from WAN or does it include LAN data that is transferred? I am asking because my global daily monitor for a specific day indicates a download number far greater than what daily per device is reporting.

Only WAN traffic.

traffic monitor numbers can be messed up if you have CTF enabled

CTF is this same as NAT acceleration, correct? If so it is disabled on my unit. I am just wondering if this is going to be a viable method of monitoring my data consumption now.

Only WAN traffic.

Thank you. If I may ask you since this is your work and you know the firmware probably better than anybody here. Is using the traffic monitor via router a reliable method to monitor data consumption? I just find it odd that the global traffic monitor reports a download number 4 times greater than the daily traffic monitor reports.

Thank you. If I may ask you since this is your work and you know the firmware probably better than anybody here. Is using the traffic monitor via router a reliable method to monitor data consumption? I just find it odd that the global traffic monitor reports a download number 4 times greater than the daily traffic monitor reports.

Note that IPTraffic does not count IPv6 traffic for starter, which can make a difference. Also, IPTraffic only tracks UDP and TCP traffic - other protocols won't be tracked. And I don't think it will track traffic targeting the router itself either, so running Download Master on the router will skew results.

When I look at my global traffic, the numbers here are very close to what my ISP reports.