What's new

Quick Question about RT-AX86U for you pro's.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

I just picked this router up today and put Mr. Merlin's FW on it. My AX88u took a dump on me, and it's being RMA'd.

I was wondering in the system log-General log, is there a way to use a usb stick to store all that info?? I am thinking that maybe it uses alot of ram, dont know was just wondering. If it is possiable how do I go about doing this, what steps do I take. I know ther is a option for data to be on a usb stick but thats for " Traffic History " I think?

Well thanks in advance guys and gals.

I was wondering in the system log-General log, is there a way to use a usb stick to store all that info?? I am thinking that maybe it uses alot of ram, dont know was just wondering.
That would be pointless. The syslog file is rotated when it reaches 256kB.

Set up a remote log server. Use a Raspberry Pi (Pi 3B+ works well for this) or an existing NAS.

That would be pointless. The syslog file is rotated when it reaches 256kB.
I see thank you for your quick response, I always learn something new here on this site.
Thanks again.

Set up a remote log server. Use a Raspberry Pi (Pi 3B+ works well for this) or an existing NAS.
Thanks for the response man. Will look into that.