1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Quick Question re ASUS Email

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by redsquirrelmeister, May 20, 2019.

1. redsquirrelmeister

redsquirrelmeister New Around Here

Got my first email from ASUS in years of use

ASUS is releasing a firmware update for selected routers. Our most recent firmware update contains enhanced security protections against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure of data, malware, phishing and DDoS attacks.

I assume an rmerlin version will follow in the not too distant future

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Which router are you talking about? RMerlin probably already has it incorporated in the latest Alpha. :)

QuikSilver likes this.
  3. Marin

Marin Very Senior Member

I think he is referring to this communication from Asus from 5/16. I received an email last Friday with the same content urging those with certain routers to upgrade to the latest firmware. Click on 5/16/19 communication and you'll get some details on the routers involved:

https://www.asus.com/Static_WebPage/ASUS-Product-Security-Advisory/

QuikSilver and L&LD like this.
  4. redsquirrelmeister

redsquirrelmeister New Around Here

Yes, apologies for the vague post. I have an RT-AC88U which is on the list, currently with the RMerlin firmware on it.

L&LD likes this.