What's new

r6250 ipv6 problems... :(

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elkido122

Occasional Visitor
so whats the deal with netgear and ipv6 issues.. every time i need to do a power cycle the router loses connectivity completely and takes 3 more reboots to fix it. seems as if ipv6 is locking it up.

What helps me with this problem with the R7000 is to remove the WAN cable from your cable modem from the back of your router for about 10 or 15 seconds, and then plug it back in. The router then regains its internet connection.

Not a great work-around, but it works for me in exactly the same situation. Takes a lot less time than 3 reboots, too *smile*.

I've reported this to Netgear for the R7000, and they've responded that they hope to have this fixed in their next firmware version. I hope so, too *smile*.

You should report this to Netgear for the R6250, as well. The more reports, the better. Just use the online Netgear Support issue reporting facility. You don't want to waste time on the phone with them.

Oh yes, one thing to add...you might keep an eye on this dd-wrt thread, if third-party firmware interests you:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=177443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The OP of the above thread seems to want to add R6250 support in the future, assuming that he gets a development unit to use at some point.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!