What's new

R7000 and PCE-AC68 INSTALLED!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have tested with my ASUS RT-AC68U with ASUS PCE-AC68, so now you know what's is wrong :D Does the Netgear R7000 Night Hawk works well with the Broadcom Turbo QAM in the first place?

As for the ASUS PCE-AC68, please download the latest PCE-AC68 utility 2.0.7.1 from ASUS network support and give it a try again.

Direct Link ~> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/PCE-AC68/UT_PCE_AC68_2071.zip

2.4GHz ~ connected @ 600Mbps

5GHz ~ connected 1300Mbps

Last edited:
Same problem

I'm having a similar problem to the original post. My PCE-AC68 is installed and recognized properly in the device manager. Both my 2.4 and 5 network are visible to the PCE-AC68. When I try to connect it is impossible, like it will not recognize my password. I reset the router. Turned it to an open network so no password was required. Installed both the older driver version, and the newest 2071 driver. No success, still same problem. Never able to connect to the network. I also tried turning off the beam forming and other advanced features and with no success. I can easily connect to the network on the same computer using a USB wifi adapter. Is my PCE-AC68 defective or is this a software issue? About ready to return it.

Just got a PCE-AC68 and I'm having the same issue too. Connected to the 5GHZ network and its stuck at 433Mbps. I have the Netgear R6300V2 so I know it supports up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHZ network. Is this a Netgear issue?

Go to device manager and delete the Asus WiFi card from the list.
Reboot PC and let windows reinstall the drivers.

Windows isn't finding a driver to use for it. I'm getting Network Controller listed now under other devices. Is there a certain one I should select manually?

Windows isn't finding a driver to use for it. I'm getting Network Controller listed now under other devices. Is there a certain one I should select manually?

Select Asus ac68 adapter. It will be in a list with other network adapters. You will have to expand the list/tree to see it by double clicking on network adapters.

Before you delete it, download latest driver. And if windows is unable to reinstall the Asus WiFi adapter, then manually install new driver that you have downloaded.

Last edited:
So oddly enough its now showing up at 1300 mbps after reinstalling the ASUS official drivers. Not sure what happened the first time. Oh well thanks for the suggestion, if it ends up dropping again I will give that a try.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!