What's new

Troubleshooting slow simultaneous wireless transfer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

creatine

Regular Contributor
I am trying to figure out a slow wireless issue I am experiencing. If its "normal" behavior due to the nature of wireless. When uploading files via LAN transfer (mapped windows drive) from my PC to Media Center and PC downloading from the internet simultaneously both speeds suffer and slow to a crawl. Ex: My internet downloads go from 50mbit (my max internet connection) to about 10Mbit. LAN transfer goes from 13MB\Sec to about 5MB\sec. I would expect both speeds to remain maxed out (13MB\s LAN transfer and 50mbit download) on my PC. Doing anything network related from my PC is extremely slow during this time. If I stop the LAN transfer or the download everything goes back to normal.

Is this "normal" for wireless ? Are there any settings on the router than could cause this ?

I have tried updating wireless card drivers.

Running RT-AC3100 ASUS Merlin 384.13

PC:
Windows 10
Asus USB AC68 adapter connected to USB3 port
Connected to 5Gz
upload_2019-8-25_18-46-23.png

upload_2019-8-25_18-49-4.png

Meda center:
Windows server 2008
Asus N53 adapter
Connected to 5Gz network
upload_2019-8-25_18-46-2.png

upload_2019-8-25_18-58-21.png

upload_2019-8-25_18-59-13.png

Last edited:
What else is running on that router?
User Scripts, QoS, Apps Analysis, AiProtect, Traffic Analyzer, Web History, etc.?

Disable everything not routing related and test again. You may get surprised by the results.

I am running QoS (Fresh Jr), Diversion and AI protection. I'll disable all of it and try again

Edit: Same result. Disabled all the above. Seems the "upload" LAN transfter kills the download speed on the PC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!