What's new

R7000 From Kong to Merlin or Voxel, Tomato, Open-WRT Eko or BrainSlayer!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Layllah

New Around Here
Apparently I asked a FORBIDDEN question whoops been studying since 5:00 am EST sorry about that. Oh well back to the drawing board. I had high hopes for that, What a let down.

Last edited:
Why all those OSs? Because you can? Pick one and go with it. Don't spend your life changing OSs.

Thanks I picked one went with it and the author is retiring. I have a unique situation in that I'm an inventor protecting my invention security is everything, I asked what people are using and why to get an idea of where to go from here Obviously I picked the wrong forum and upset a long time user for that I'm sorry. When I read about the nameless OS for my router it incorporated my needs into a straight forward GUI. Changing has nothing to do with because I can. It's about a protecting a lifetime of work while providing my household stable technology. I thought this forum was for users of many different routers to share experiences Thanks for making this harder, I wasn't looking for how to's just which one?

If your comment about "upsetting a user" was referring to my post #2 then rest assured you didn't upset me. I was merely giving you information that you didn't have.

You stated in your title that there are other alternatives to Merlin's firmware, "Voxel, Tomato, Open-WRT Eko or BrainSlayer". I didn't comment on those because I have no experience of them. AdvancedTomato might be another option.

Thanks I picked one went with it and the author is retiring. I have a unique situation in that I'm an inventor protecting my invention security is everything, I asked what people are using and why to get an idea of where to go from here Obviously I picked the wrong forum and upset a long time user for that I'm sorry. When I read about the nameless OS for my router it incorporated my needs into a straight forward GUI. Changing has nothing to do with because I can. It's about a protecting a lifetime of work while providing my household stable technology. I thought this forum was for users of many different routers to share experiences Thanks for making this harder, I wasn't looking for how to's just which one?

I say if this is true then keep your invention off the internet and local LAN. There is no true security. Run a separate network with internet and no ties to your invention.