What's new

[R7000][Q]Wifi Performance Slow?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also to test out true potential of wireless you may need to go Netgear original firmware, In this case may I suggest you request you older brother and see if he can help you out. Normally firmware update go without problem, but I don't want to brick your router by any means.

Your brother might need to look into it and see why it's not flashing.

Also to test out true potential of wireless you may need to go Netgear original firmware, In this case may I suggest you request you older brother and see if he can help you out. Normally firmware update go without problem, but I don't want to brick your router by any means.

Your brother might need to look into it and see why it's not flashing.
Too bad my older brother is 400 miles away :-/
Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Anyone else can give a tip or 2?

I found this video how to go from Tomato to Netgear Genie, hope it helps you.
That's EXACTLY the same link I put on my first post. I was asking before if the OFW still works, since the file and video are old: little more than 2 years old...

Alright, I'm back to Netgear Genie! Unfortunately, no difference in speed... :-/

What I payed for: 200 down, 50 up.

5Ghz: 10 down, 23 up (bad!)
2.4ghz: 50 down, 30 up (good!)
Direct: 230 down, 20 up (best!)

So does that mean there's interference?

Alright, I'm back to Netgear Genie! Unfortunately, no difference in speed... :-/

What I payed for: 200 down, 50 up.

5Ghz: 10 down, 23 up (bad!)
2.4ghz: 50 down, 30 up (good!)
Direct: 230 down, 20 up (best!)

So does that mean there's interference?
5GHz definitely look bad, I would have expected to perform better. Just a quick check you did reset router as told in instructions?
Also did you try different channels and see if it improves speed and if possible with different device.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!