What's new

R7800 and HT160 Setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you have Voxels FW loaded, Then you can load up Kamoj's Debug/Temperature add on plug in and you can see the actual connection rate when you have 160Mhz enabled. I did this with my 7800 in bridge mode. I wanted to see if it actually connected with a 160Mhz supporting router. It does. You'll see it connects at 1733Mbps
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/160mhz-in-bridge-mode-on-r7800.55335/#post-469532

Only benefit I see is that this is only a connection rate between the R7800 and it's supporting 160Mhz wifi connection point. Any thing connected to the LAN ports on the R7800 will be limited to 1000Mbps so really can't take advantage of 160Mhz in bridge mode. You'll just have a hight speed fat connection pipe is all which you shouldn't have any or see any lag or speed problems if you connect and configure this.

I've done with with my R7800 and used it as a gaming connection with my xbox. It works.

I have two R7800s set up in bridge mode. Wanted to test using 160MHz channels but I don't think I've gotten it set up correctly. I have the HT160 setting checked on both routers. Looking at the info on this site and elsewhere, it seems like your primary channel has to be set to either 50 or 114 for HT160 to work, but neither of those are options on the R7800.

I tried selecting different channels (e.g. 52) and the primary router says it's doing 160 (e.g. "36+40+44+48+52(p)+56+60+64") but scanning with an analyzer app only shows half of those channels being used (e.g. 52-64).

Additionally, have not seen any notable differences between throughput with HT160 turned on vs. off.

Is there some way to confirm that these routers are actually using a 160MHz group of channels? Any other settings I need to tweak to make this work?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!