What's new

R7800 and issues with iOS/Apple devices on 5GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logging into the R7800's web interface this morning, I saw a notice that a firmware update was available. I'm currently on 1.0.1.28. The new version is 1.0.1.30.

The release notes say:
[Bug Fix] Fix potential auto-reboot issue.

Disappointed that this iOS issue wasn't patched with this update. I know it was mentioned earlier that the update to fix that would be released in June, but it seems like something they should get out ASAP.

Edit:
Just noticed that there's a separate thread for this specific firmware version.

Logging into the R7800's web interface this morning, I saw a notice that a firmware update was available. I'm currently on 1.0.1.28. The new version is 1.0.1.30.

The release notes say:
[Bug Fix] Fix potential auto-reboot issue.

Disappointed that this iOS issue wasn't patched with this update. I know it was mentioned earlier that the update to fix that would be released in June, but it seems like something they should get out ASAP.

Edit:
Just noticed that there's a separate thread for this specific firmware version.
Yeah. I'm surprised they bothered with this release if this is all it contains. Ironically I've never had any issues with the R7800 rebooting and I'd much rather they release the iOS fix.

@NETGEAR Guy Any more news on the release?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!