What's new

R7800 (and network) fails after transition from ziggo to kpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Theo Gjaltema

Occasional Visitor
A few months ago I switched from Ziggo to KPN, exchanged the Ziggo router to KPN-box12b and thought I could continue with business as usual. This was not the case. The intern network failed, the Netgear R7800 router statistics came with (internaly) transmissions of total 3.5 Gb/s (external to the KPN router: quite low). I thought to have solved this issue by enabling the igmp-snooping but still... It happens that the internal network still fails. As a bonus: The KPN router also stops support for wifi, telphony as well as any form of internet!
This happend last evening. The R7800 has been reconfigured last month in AccessPoint mode (no igmp-snooping option present here), I now removed it from the network and have good internet/telefony/tv since.
Does this ring a bell to anyone? Since I also could not reach the R7800 anymore I could not retrieve the logging data of it yet...

Known changes after the Ziggo->KPN change are:
* UPload speed 50Mb/s -> 1Gb/s
* Download speed 500Mb/s ->1Gb/s
* KPN uses multicast for TV

Regards, Theo

A few months ago I switched from Ziggo to KPN, exchanged the Ziggo router to KPN-box12b and thought I could continue with business as usual. This was not the case. The intern network failed, the Netgear R7800 router statistics came with (internaly) transmissions of total 3.5 Gb/s (external to the KPN router: quite low). I thought to have solved this issue by enabling the igmp-snooping but still... It happens that the internal network still fails. As a bonus: The KPN router also stops support for wifi, telphony as well as any form of internet!
This happend last evening. The R7800 has been reconfigured last month in AccessPoint mode (no igmp-snooping option present here), I now removed it from the network and have good internet/telefony/tv since.
Does this ring a bell to anyone? Since I also could not reach the R7800 anymore I could not retrieve the logging data of it yet...

Known changes after the Ziggo->KPN change are:
* UPload speed 50Mb/s -> 1Gb/s
* Download speed 500Mb/s ->1Gb/s
* KPN uses multicast for TV

Regards, Theo
Recently after replacing the rt7800 bij a cheap switch. The network became terrible unstable hereafter. This switch was not capable of igmp snooping and probably a tv which was turned off and put it's interface to 10 mb/s. This caused the switch to overflow, which caused a wifi extender also attached to conclude that a 5 GHz link had to be used .. so now the network contained a non-detected loop causing on it's turn the kpn router to receive such amounts of traffic that even dhcp started to fail...

After replacing the switch with a igmp capable one all problems were over!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!