What's new

R7800 New Firmware 1.0.2.12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Better you contact him direct about this and let me know about the answers you get m8;):)
I will, Qualcomm I think release database updates quarterly, seems Netgear don't and have taken Streamboost and made it into something less than Qualcomm wanted it to be. Qualcomm QoS updates should be for 2-3 years depending on the router.

I have replied to him, because Streamboost is updated by Qualcomm not netgear and there are several categories missing for hardware like soundbars, airplay speakers and even the iPhone 6s has its own category but not the iPhone 7 which now has two different modems, one Qualcomm one Intel. Mine is an Intel and now and then I have noticed a stall in connecting to wifi again like the iPhone/iPad did when the R7800 was first released but no way near as bad.

Also the new pS4 slim and PS4 Pro now support 802.11ac over wifi, is that factored into the current database?. Also I have noticed on my Android TV since Amazon updated their app it now takes ages to settle to its correct 4K resolution over wifi, but was fine on its previous version, is this due to a change in the app thats not reflected in the database? Streamboost can't have sat still for 6 months with nothing having been added in the Qualcomm database from all the crowdsourced data surely? I wonder what the latest Streamboost data base update is for D-Link devices that use it vs Netgear ones?

Is streamboost automatic or do you need to opt in on it with this router ?

I have an issue where if I enable HT160 all of my 5GHz devices fall off. If I disable it they all re-connect again. Is this normal if the device does not support HT160? If so how would you connect HT160 devices and non HT160 devices simultaneously? Kind of stumped here.

I have an issue where if I enable HT160 all of my 5GHz devices fall off. If I disable it they all re-connect again. Is this normal if the device does not support HT160? If so how would you connect HT160 devices and non HT160 devices simultaneously? Kind of stumped here.
I don't have that issue, then again if I turn on HT160 it uses a lot of the DFS channels and its possible some devices may not use them, saying that I have no HT160 devices so no point.

New Firmware Version 1.0.2.20 released.

• Opens the DFS channel for Japan.
  • Supports the access control feature when the router operates in AP mode.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the issue in which the IPV6 SPI-filter doesn't work when IPv6 use same PPPoE session as IPv4.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
Known Issues:

• Intel 7260/3160 has a connection problem with the R7800 when the HT160 is enabled. This issue is due to the Intel driver. Intel is looking into this..

I will, Qualcomm I think release database updates quarterly, seems Netgear don't and have taken Streamboost and made it into something less than Qualcomm wanted it to be. Qualcomm QoS updates should be for 2-3 years depending on the router.
Did you get some answer from him?

Did you get some answer from him?
It seems Netgear don't follow Qualcomm Streamboost schedule as they have kind of skinned it to their own needs and deem that they will only update QoS when there is an issue whatever that means, from what I remember. <sigh> Others in the Netgear forums also thought we were meant to have at least quarterly updates, but we are way past that now.

I think thats is strange thing to do from NG side, make no sence.

I think thats is strange thing to do from NG side, make no sence.
I would agree, @NETGEAR Guy did his best but that seemed to be the answer I explained that's not how Qualcomm Streamboost works and he reported back and as usual was very helpful, but I think that response was it pretty much it from Netgear. They just kept asking what was wrong with the present update, its a while back now so I may be a bit foggy on detail. Netgear didn't seem to grasp the use of crowdsourced data at all.

It seems Netgear don't follow Qualcomm Streamboost schedule as they have kind of skinned it to their own needs and deem that they will only update QoS when there is an issue whatever that means, from what I remember. <sigh> Others in the Netgear forums also thought we were meant to have at least quarterly updates, but we are way past that now.

Don't worry so much about streamboost updates - the core set of QoS profiles inside is pretty robust, and covers most use cases....

The fact that it's there in the first place is a good thing, and it ties directly into QCA's hardware acceleration...

It's all good...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!