What's new

R7800 new firmware 1.0.2.46

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Killhippie

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports the VPN client feature.
Known unfixed issues:

• Intel7260/3160 has a connection problem with the R7800 when the HT160 is enabled. This issue is due to the Intel driver. Intel is looking into this.

No idea of any bugs have been fixed as now using an XR500 but I hope they sorted out more issues than just adding the VPN client feature.

I don't believe AP mode is fixed. I just loaded this up on my router. Factory reset before and after loading the file. Selected AP mode and set a static IP address of 192.168.0.37, something out side my main routers IP address pool. Applied the setting and it rebooted. I connected the LAN side cable to one of the LAN ports. My laptop reconnected and got the main routers IP address and internet access. I could not access the R7800's UI using the static IP address set on it.

Does not appear on the main host routers connected clients list nor does it appear in any network scans. It's like it's just a switch with the IP address thats hidden.

I'll have factory reset to get access to the UI again.

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports the VPN client feature.
Known unfixed issues:

• Intel7260/3160 has a connection problem with the R7800 when the HT160 is enabled. This issue is due to the Intel driver. Intel is looking into this.

No idea of any bugs have been fixed as now using an XR500 but I hope they sorted out more issues than just adding the VPN client feature.

Thats all that is new / fixed? Damn!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!