What's new

R9000 Voxel Firmware VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

starfox101

Occasional Visitor
I can't get it straight in my head. On the stock firmware I had vpn working, not well! Required router reset about every 4 hours.. Blue iris computer with Ip camera's Blue iris on iphone. My Iphone could connect to blue iris pc using VPN. I don't even know if this requires R9000 to be client or server. I don't have a
*.ovpn config or know were to get it. Using the read me file I just can't connect the dot's.

Thanks

I can't get it straight in my head. On the stock firmware I had vpn working, not well! Required router reset about every 4 hours.. Blue iris computer with Ip camera's Blue iris on iphone. My Iphone could connect to blue iris pc using VPN. I don't even know if this requires R9000 to be client or server. I don't have a
*.ovpn config or know were to get it. Using the read me file I just can't connect the dot's.

Thanks

I do not quite understand what you mean. Guessing: problems with accessing OpenVPN server from your iPhone.

Check this post:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-64sf.55198/page-5#post-478823

I.e. you should change the setting of your OpenVPN client on your iPhone enabling "Allow Compression (insecure)" to FULL.

I did find when I'm on version 64 or 65 and go into the OpenVPN iOS app and change the setting 'Allow Compression (insecure) to Full I am then able to connect to the internet and local devices through the VPN.

ios_openvpn_compression_settings.png

Voxel.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. When I setup using the router Iphone will not connect. The read me file, has how to install vpn I don't know if I need that. Do I install openvpn like before? Using the router. Or follow the read me using usb drive

thanks for the reply. When I setup using the router Iphone will not connect. The read me file, has how to install vpn I don't know if I need that. Do I install openvpn like before? Using the router. Or follow the read me using usb drive
You need OpenVPN server. My README describes OpenVPN client procedure. So like before, using GUI.

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!