1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

R9000 Voxel Firmware VPN

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by starfox101, Apr 19, 2019.

1. starfox101

starfox101 Occasional Visitor

I can't get it straight in my head. On the stock firmware I had vpn working, not well! Required router reset about every 4 hours.. Blue iris computer with Ip camera's Blue iris on iphone. My Iphone could connect to blue iris pc using VPN. I don't even know if this requires R9000 to be client or server. I don't have a
    *.ovpn config or know were to get it. Using the read me file I just can't connect the dot's.

Thanks

2. Voxel

Voxel Very Senior Member

I do not quite understand what you mean. Guessing: problems with accessing OpenVPN server from your iPhone.

Check this post:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-64sf.55198/page-5#post-478823

I.e. you should change the setting of your OpenVPN client on your iPhone enabling "Allow Compression (insecure)" to FULL.

[​IMG]

Voxel.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    kamoj likes this.
  3. starfox101

thanks for the reply. When I setup using the router Iphone will not connect. The read me file, has how to install vpn I don't know if I need that. Do I install openvpn like before? Using the router. Or follow the read me using usb drive

4. Voxel

Voxel Very Senior Member

You need OpenVPN server. My README describes OpenVPN client procedure. So like before, using GUI.

Voxel.

5. kamoj

kamoj Senior Member

Also look here:
    https://sites.google.com/view/netgearr7800/openvpn

6. starfox101

thank you! I'll get it now.

kamoj likes this.