What's new

random 5ghz disconnects/reconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freeza

New Around Here
hello all. I have a galaxy note 4 and an ac68u running merlin's 378.56_2 and I keep getting disconnected and reconnected to 5ghz. I recently upgraded from the ac66 and this didn't happen. wondering if it's a setting or if it's a hardware issue. here are my 5ghz settings

413311275b76f5f8fb02f9952a8da5e9.jpg
95c21f819da6ef659b07eb9ec2053ed4.jpg
8c75925dc1822338a2d7f3cc948f466a.jpg

hello all. I have a galaxy note 4 and an ac68u running merlin's 378.56_2 and I keep getting disconnected and reconnected to 5ghz. I recently upgraded from the ac66 and this didn't happen. wondering if it's a setting or if it's a hardware issue. here are my 5ghz settings

First thing to check is reset your clients...

Remove and re-attach, and go from there...

First thing to check is reset your clients...

Remove and re-attach, and go from there...

Thanks...I have done this and changed a bunch of settings today on the router to try and cure the problem. For example: Last night my phone drained 33% just sitting idle while I'm assuming it did a lot of reconnecting during the night. Using WakeLock Detector said the culprit was wlan_rx. I went ahead and removed the 5ghz profile I have on my phone again. Hopefully it fixes the problem. Maybe i'll try to update firmware to either merlin's alpha, or a later stable one. Interestingly enough, I had merlin running on the ac66 with no problems. I read all the suggestions from his troubleshooting guide and even went through extreme googling to try and find someone with the issue. I went ahead and set the channel to 161 so let's hope for the best...lol

Do you see any settings I should change to increase performance/reliability? I only have a few devices, maybe 4, connected to 5GHz so that's why some of my settings are what they are (hidden ssid, etc)

Did you have higher 5ghz channels in your region? if you do , I would try 149, 157, if you can .. Also, I have a Samsung phone, with Enable - WMM-no ack, I was constantly getting disconnected. You don't need TX Bursting for 5ghz. You can try WMM APSD, it supposed to be for power saving on phones..

EDIT: I see you changed channel to 161. That's better.