What's new

Random disassociated equipments

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WiFi Agile Multiband is a standards-based mechanism which I believe has to meet the standards to be certified by the WiFi Alliance, in order to be offered for use as such by a manufacturer. There'll be a page discussing what it does on their website (maybe wifialliance.org or similar).

Smartconnect 'feels like' Asus' offering either prior to the standards or supplementing them in some way (like Microsoft is wont to do - want to make them their own).

WiFi Agile Multiband is a standards-based mechanism which I believe has to meet the standards to be certified by the WiFi Alliance, in order to be offered for use as such by a manufacturer. There'll be a page discussing what it does on their website (maybe wifialliance.org or similar).

Smartconnect 'feels like' Asus' offering either prior to the standards or supplementing them in some way (like Microsoft is wont to do - want to make them their own).
And it's better to disable smartconnect and enable wifi agile multiband to connect to the best 2.4ghz or 5ghz automatically ?
Where is the option ?

Not saying it's better, only that it's worth a try, as I'm doing. Seems to work well. I don't think you'd want to enable both options at the same time.

It's on the wifi page, maybe a third of the way down, with "SmartConnect" as the top option (going by memory - not home just now).

Not saying it's better, only that it's worth a try, as I'm doing. Seems to work well. I don't think you'd want to enable both options at the same time.

It's on the wifi page, maybe a third of the way down, with "SmartConnect" as the top option (going by memory - not home just now).
When i click on smartconnect to disable, i have this :
IMG_20230112_113114.jpg

But my android box tv is around 1 meter from router, always connected on 5ghz,

Why is the TV not hardwired at that short distance? Why on WIFI?

Do you have any un-shielded speakers nearby?

Last edited:
You can try these:

Attachments

• ASUS 2G band settings 12.26.2022.JPG
    ASUS 2G band settings 12.26.2022.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 123
  • ASUS 2G Pro page 12.26.2022.JPG
    ASUS 2G Pro page 12.26.2022.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 5G Wireless Pg1 12.21.2022.JPG
    5G Wireless Pg1 12.21.2022.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 5G Pro Page 12.24.2022.JPG
    5G Pro Page 12.24.2022.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 108
I haven't
You can try these:
Wpa2/wpa3 .....
Channel 40 on 5ghz ? Better Channel ?

I haven't try to hardwire my Android TV box with this router cause with previous one it was less stable and less speedy than on wifi 5ghz.

If i try same settings than yours, when m'y smartphone (for example) had a bad connection on 5ghz it will automatically Switch to the 2.4ghz if SSID is the same ?

Thanks for spending time to help me ☺️

I haven't

Wpa2/wpa3 .....

I haven't try to hardwire my Android TV box with this router cause with previous one it was less stable and less speedy than on wifi 5ghz.

If i try same settings than yours, when m'y smartphone (for example) had a bad connection on 5ghz it will automatically Switch to the 2.4ghz if SSID is the same ?

A wired link less stable than a wifi link ?! Check your cable, but is should be more stable (for speed part, it can be more ambigous, but what android box need more than 110Mo/s ??)

Last edited:
I haven't

Wpa2/wpa3 .....

After you change router settings, reboot (hard reboot) the smartphone.

A wired link less stable than a wifi link ?! Check your cable, but is should be more stable (for speed part, i can be more ambigous, but what android box need more than 110Mo/s ??)
I don't know if need more but max by USB/ethernet adapter is 100mbps (with 1000 USB/ethernet adapter)

Arg ethernet by usb2... ok, it's far from ideal. But 100Mb should be enought for media streaming.