What's new

ReadyNAS and Mozy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GGW

Occasional Visitor
Hello, new to posting, but have read and researched on here for some time.

Is it possible to backup a ReadyNAS NV+ to Mozy with a client Win PC? I've seen conflicting comments on this with some people saying that the Mozy client will not recognize NAS drives, including ReadyNAS.

Plan is to put a NV+ on our family network. It will be a repository for photos/video/audio as well as backup/archive for our individual PC's docs, spreadsheets, quicken, etc. Mozy will be disaster backup for photos and stuff backed up from individual PCs. Planning to use an old PC to run Mozy client for backing up NAS.

Thanks,

Last I checked, Mozy will only back up attached and internal drives. Won't back up mapped drives either.

Your only option for the NV+ is the ReadyNAS Vault service.

Thanks Tim. Not the answer I was looking for but the one I was afraid of. May just build a WHS and put Mozy on it instead of buying a ReadyNAS. Other than the Vault pricing I really did like Netgear's solution.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!