What's new

Reboot Scheduler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uffe

Occasional Visitor
I use smart connect and was thinking about using reboot scheduler to allow my 86u to find the current best channel.
My question is, can rebooting a router shorten its life or cause other problems? How often do you all schedule a reboot?

Usually one wont reboot and loose connection this time, only if you have problems solved by reboot and going worse after a day or week we will make schduled reboot as workaround.
Routers should be up all the time.
But on the other side it wont hurt your router.

I use smart connect and was thinking about using reboot scheduler to allow my 86u to find the current best channel.
My question is, can rebooting a router shorten its life or cause other problems? How often do you all schedule a reboot?

I have noticed my 86U occasionally changing 2.4 GHz channels on its own without rebooting. This appears to be in response to ambient channel congestion, although there's not much here.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!