What's new

Recommendation for dual wan router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n0fx

Occasional Visitor
I was wondering if you guys can recommend a stable router that has a dual wan functionality. I need one that can automatically switch and/or load balance a cable and DSL connection. Our current ISP has been having issues and we are ordering a second DSL line for a backup, since our credit card machines are vital to us.

I don't have any VPN or any other specific requirements and I just need one that's pretty rock solid, as I can't be at the office at all times and I want something they don't need to worry about after I get it set up (minor reboots).

My budget is up to $400 for the router. I was thinking of either the ERL but there is limited support for it in terms of technical support. I had setup 2 of these for VPN dial-in a month ago but never tried the dual-wan GUI. It took a while to get the OpenVPN to work correctly on them (had to ask the forums at ubnt, which I wasn't too fond of).

I was going through the forums and someone suggested the Peplink Balance 20, since it had good tech support and was easy to configure. Has anyone else use this brand before?

I don't need any wifi with the router, since I have an existing Asus AC66 router that I can convert to an AP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was wondering if you guys can recommend a stable router that has a dual wan functionality. I need one that can automatically switch and/or load balance a cable and DSL connection. Our current ISP has been having issues and we are ordering a second DSL line for a backup, since our credit card machines are vital to us.

I don't have any VPN or any other specific requirements and I just need one that's pretty rock solid, as I can't be at the office at all times and I want something they don't need to worry about after I get it set up (minor reboots).

My budget is up to $400 for the router. I was thinking of either the ERL but there is limited support for it in terms of technical support. I had setup 2 of these for VPN dial-in a month ago but never tried the dual-wan GUI. It took a while to get the OpenVPN to work correctly on them (had to ask the forums at ubnt, which I wasn't too fond of).

I was going through the forums and someone suggested the Peplink Balance 20, since it had good tech support and was easy to configure. Has anyone else use this brand before?

I don't need any wifi with the router, since I have an existing Asus AC66 router that I can convert to an AP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a PePlink Soho and really like it. Its very easy to configure and the tech support is amazing. This is more important to me than other features and specs.

Can't go wrong with a Peplink for Dual wan routers.

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier

I have a PePlink Soho and really like it. Its very easy to configure and the tech support is amazing. This is more important to me than other features and specs.

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier

Thanks, I'll look into that one. I might get one and try it out!

Smiles across the wires,

Rogier

Ill give another thumbs up for Peplink when it comes to failover and load balancing on connections.

This is the reason why:
Peplink Balance 30
5.4.9 build 1732
Uptime:
363 days 15 hours 35 minutes