What's new

Recommended Ethernet Cable Brands

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I only use bespoke, artisan crafted cables.

This guy, right?

1668307259447.png

Yes, great guy! He did my new server rack. It's beautiful.

1668349281768.png

I would like to find pure copper cables not copper coated. I had a CAT6a cable from Amazon that did not like POE+ pushed across it. My Cisco AP ran hot and it was giving me trouble. I found another long cable that I freed up and the unit did not run hot anymore.

I will try to check out AT&T for cables if I can buy from them.

I would like to find pure copper cables not copper coated. I had a CAT6a cable from Amazon that did not like POE+ pushed across it. My Cisco AP ran hot and it was giving me trouble. I found another long cable that I freed up and the unit did not run hot anymore.

I will try to check out AT&T for cables if I can buy from them.
Buy Commscope 1000ft bulk cable. They are proved and pure copper cables. Ebay is fine. I don't recommend SFTP cable. It's like a stick...I still have 1000ft...:eek:

Last edited:
@GHammer
You have me rethinking my home setup.
I really like the idea of not being encumbered by different colored cables.

@GHammer
You have me rethinking my home setup.
I really like the idea of not being encumbered by different colored cables.

One less thing to ignore. I used to color code my cables, make the lengths exact for each run, etc, etc.
Fast forward a year, oops.

When it was my job, sure. Shucks, we used to use twine and bundle the cables nicely. At home, meh.

All cables different lengths and colors, none marked - enhanced physical access hacker protection. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!