What's new

Reflashing SamKnows TP-Link WRD-3600

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeeVee

New Around Here
Hi all,

Did a search first but nothing stood out as being useful for what I want to do so I'm posting a new thread, hope that's okay.

I've been using computers for a good long time now and always build my own, but I'm not very hot on networking. My broadband is now a FTTH fibre optic connection that currently gives me ~300/50 Mbps and before I had fibre I was hooked up to a Sam Knows router to help with stats about broadband in Europe. Now I have fibre, the Sam Knows router isn't fast enough to keep up (the WRD-3600 in the title) and SamKnows said I could flash over their custom firmware to return it to a usable general router. I'd really like to do this to have as a second router on my network for VPN traffic to my company in the states and was wondering if any of you kind souls could give me a hand. Specifically, I'd like to reflash the router to factory settings, then flash it with the dd-wrt stuff so I can put my vpn (TorGuard) directly on the router. I think it should be possible, just that there's an intelligence shortfall between the idea and actually achieving it.

All the best,

B

When I went over to fibre, SamKnows collected my old router and sent me a new one to carry on monitoring the fibre broadband.

Just a thought if you are still interested in the stats they give you ;)

That's interesting, they told me they couldn't go fast enough, because my connection is supposed to get up to 1Gbps this year and they didn't reckon they'd be able to keep up.

B

Also, because I no longer live in the UK but in France, they didn't want to collect the router but told me I could use it as I liked, by reflashing the firmware...

B