What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out the WAN webgui remote access and noticed it gets disabled after a short while (384.14.2).

I also had SSH over WAN enabled for quick dirty access to assist remotely.

Is this on purpose given OpenVPN is preferred (which I'll still setup and try) or possible a bug?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I tried out the WAN webgui remote access and noticed it gets disabled after a short while (384.14.2).

I also had SSH over WAN enabled for quick dirty access to assist remotely.

Is this on purpose given OpenVPN is preferred (which I'll still setup and try) or possible a bug?

Indeed WAN WebUI and SSH seem to auto-disable within 1-2 mins, is it supposed to?

OpenVPN works great, I just had to use the WAN Webui access the other day on work device where I couldn't install/use OpenVPN, that's why.

Last edited:
Indeed WAN WebUI and SSH seem to auto-disable within 1-2 mins, is it supposed to?

OpenVPN works great, I just had to use the WAN Webui access the other day on work device where I couldn't install/use OpenVPN, that's why.

Do you happen to have Skynet installed? This is a feature of the “secure mode” settings to prevent users (and malicious parties) from putting your network at risk.

Do you happen to have Skynet installed? This is a feature of the “secure mode” settings to prevent users (and malicious parties) from putting your network at risk.
Indeed, thanks, good to know :) Need to explore skynet a bit more to understand how it works and what best practice is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!