What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 (and 384.13_4) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Merlin.
If it is a error, I want to report it, please forgive me for interrupting.
1. I cannot use the "computer" icon in the upper right corner.
When I click it to disconnect the WAN, it just keeps loading, even the WAN is disconnected.
I think this is a GUI error, and it seems to have been around for some time.
Browser: Firefox 73.0.1 on macOS
Router: RT-AC68U runing 384.15

2. When you enable "Block routed clients if tunnel goes down" on the OpenVPN client, even if you manually close OpenVPN, the devices cannot have any Internet connection. You must restart the router or restart the WAN.
I know this feature is protecting OpenVPN from accidental disconnection, but I think manual disconnection should be allowed.

Thanks again for your great work.

1) Open your browser console and look for any error message.

2) This is by design. OpenVPN itself cannot really distinguish between a manual and an unintentional disconnect, which is why I decided to go for the safer option, which is to always assume that if the tunnel goes down, then traffic should still be blocked.

When I click it to disconnect the WAN, it just keeps loading, even the WAN is disconnected.
I think this is a GUI error, and it seems to have been around for some time.
Browser: Firefox 73.0.1 on macOS
Router: RT-AC68U runing 384.15

Hi, have same router and firmware. Tested it under Linux (Lubuntu 19.10), windows 10 and Android (Firefox 68.5). I was not able to reproduce the problem, but I didn't test in a Mac.

a26d4d710d561b2d8fe3de89ae2bb666.jpg

Enviado desde mi moto g(8) plus mediante Tapatalk

1) Open your browser console and look for any error message.

Hi, have same router and firmware. Tested it under Linux (Lubuntu 19.10), windows 10 and Android (Firefox 68.5). I was not able to reproduce the problem, but I didn't test in a Mac.

a26d4d710d561b2d8fe3de89ae2bb666.jpg

I conducted rigorous tests. I switched to Windows 10 and then ran Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox 73.0 on Windows, for to rule out browser issues, I disabled all extensions. and I got exactly the same result. When I clicked to disconnect the Internet, it just showed "Applying Settings ..." and then it just stays on this page. The page does not freeze or time out, but it does not refresh or display the percentage automatically, I had to refresh the page manually or create a new tab page. When I did this, I found that the WAN was disconnected, so this button is working, The problem must be comes from the GUI or browser.

I tried to monitor browser console for any errors, but there was nothing there, not even timeout. and I didn't see any errors in all browser consoles.

I have noticed this problem for a long time, so I know it is not come from 384.15. every time I upgrade, I will restore the factory settings and set it manually. although there are many static IPs, but I never complain. In my configuration, I turned on HTTPS, and then used only minimal features.

Finally, thank you very much for your help, thank you all :)

Last edited:
Samba - Missing - admin.jpg
Hi everybody,

configuring an ssd disk on usb 3 port using samba, I saw that seem I loose the admin user (see picture), but maybe the T5 user replaced it: it is not removable

How can I recover the original/default samba configuration?

Thanks & Regards

The problem must be comes from the GUI or browser.

That's why I need the output from your browser console, with any error message, otherwise I cannot track it down.

configuring an ssd disk on usb 3 port using samba, I saw that seem I loose the admin user (see picture), but maybe the T5 user replaced it: it is not removable

The admin user that is there by default will be whatever you have configured as your router's admin username, on the Administration -> System tab. So if you rename "admin" for "T5", then Samba will also match this.

If you you also need a user to be named "admin" beside whichever admin user is set on your router, then you can add it as a separate user.

The admin user that is there by default will be whatever you have configured as your router's admin username, on the Administration -> System tab. So if you rename "admin" for "T5", then Samba will also match this.

If you you also need a user to be named "admin" beside whichever admin user is set on your router, then you can add it as a separate user.

Merlin thanks a lot for your great firmware, hard work and your kindly fast answer!

..but I set a different name for my router and it's not admin and not T5; I've just confirmed the right name in the Administration -> System tab and T5 still there....what does it happen? Do I need to reboot?

Thanks & Regards

Been up since feb 8th no issues with ac88u!
One cosmetic "issue" is that trafic monitor average collum does show what interface is selected.

Attachments

• 20200223_223048.jpg
    20200223_223048.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 193
I conducted rigorous tests. I switched to Windows 10 and then ran Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox 73.0 on Windows, for to rule out browser issues, I disabled all extensions. and I got exactly the same result. When I clicked to disconnect the Internet, it just showed "Applying Settings ..." and then it just stays on this page. The page does not freeze or time out, but it does not refresh or display the percentage automatically, I had to refresh the page manually or create a new tab page. When I did this, I found that the WAN was disconnected, so this button is working, The problem must be comes from the GUI or browser.

Let me try again. I will double check

When I did this, I found that the WAN was disconnected, so this button is working, The problem must be comes from the GUI or browser.

I just tried this with Firefox 73.0.1 in Windows 10 on a RT-AC68U. I was able to click that button and then click disconnect on the drop-down and it applied the settings and went back to the Network Map page. So.. it should work. Make sure all your ad and script blockers are disabled on the router pages.

Oh, I guess one difference, I am connecting via HTTP and not HTTPS. Well, tried with HTTPS and it still worked.

Last edited:
AC68U
Dual WAN (PPPoE + PPTP)
Same problems mentioned here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-49#post-524332

+ new problem:
IPTV stops working after 5..10 minutes of watching.
Start IPTV again - it works.
Then after 5..10 minutes - again stops.
And there are "udpxy" errors in log.

Reverted to 384.14:
- same problems
- but IPTV works fine

Reverted to 380.69_2 (like it was described here - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...13-is-now-available.57860/page-49#post-524332):
- no problems

Merlin thanks a lot for your great firmware, hard work and your kindly fast answer!

..but I set a different name for my router and it's not admin and not T5; I've just confirmed the right name in the Administration -> System tab and T5 still there....what does it happen? Do I need to reboot?

Try a different USB disk. I'm not sure where Asus stores the user data for shared disks, could be in files located on the plugged disk (I know they do store some settings there).

I tried to monitor browser console for any errors, but there was nothing there, not even timeout. and I didn't see any errors in all browser consoles.

I have noticed this problem for a long time, so I know it is not come from 384.15. every time I upgrade, I will restore the factory settings and set it manually. although there are many static IPs, but I never complain. In my configuration, I turned on HTTPS, and then used only minimal features. I have two 68Us, one is a 1GHz C1 version and the other is a 1.4GHz E1 version, they both have the same problem.

Finally, thank you very much for your help, thank you all :)
Yes, I did the same. Click in the computer icon, then click on the text to disable wan and the same result you reported.

I was disabling the wan from a different location. Apologies from here.
026db0f9dd8ef4d38bd85d95440b3613.jpg

Yes, I did the same. Click in the computer icon, then click on the text to disable wan and the same result you reported.

I was disabling the wan from a different location. Apologies from here.
026db0f9dd8ef4d38bd85d95440b3613.jpg

I'm very glad that you can reproduce this problem, and even if we can't fix it, maybe we can help find out the cause of the problem. I see that this problem does not happen with @MarkRH , so I think it's worth investigating the configuration differences between us.

Thank you for trying to help solve this problem.

I am getting a lot of these messages

Feb 24 21:26:46 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Feb 24 21:27:50 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Feb 24 21:27:50 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

is it normal ? I flash from 384.13 to 384.15

I am getting a lot of these messages

Feb 24 21:26:46 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth1: Deauth_ind 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Feb 24 21:27:50 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth1: Auth 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Feb 24 21:27:50 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth1: Assoc 44:6E:E5:E1:1F:79, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

is it normal ? I flash from 384.13 to 384.15
Normal , your answer here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.60037/page-39#post-531993

Last edited:
@RMerlin

Need your help utmost :(
I've been enjoying every built, and it's always Rock solid, even never miss any alpha build and its mostly works well too

My setup is
Main Router RT-AC88U (Hard. Ver 5)
Mesh Node RT-AC68U

I installed alpha 16 build on both right 6 hours after your upload and was pretty solid working , when suddenly tonight i noticed that opening wifi settings 9n router causing reset to webpage , digging in i was connected to 2.4ghz ssid with channel 153, further lights on ac88u , only 5ghz is on and 2.4 is not, i took it initially light and revert ac88u to 384.15 stable but issue persists, giving a reset to the router didn't change the situation, 5ghz showing channel 0 and 2.4 is connected on devices with channel 153 :(
Decided to ssh "mtd-erase2 nvram" and power cycling for 3-4 minutes didn't help too
Revert back to Asus Official latest firmware and same result, now i started to think it's something wrong on hardware side
Please note my router is placed at quite a height, temperatures are often 80 c+ for cpu , which one i asked on snb and people helped with reply that its pretty normal

Any help is highly appreciated, stuck with a situation like camel with cow legs, 2.4 with 5ghz channel and 5 ghz not showing, I'm heavily dependent on this router, 6 lan connections, 2 USB and wireless devices too

@immi803 I would suggest a full M&M Config and Nuclear Reset be done on your router.

It is not acting normally at all.

Do not use a backup config file to reconfigure it (do it minimally and manually). Do not blindly input your current setting either. Take it a step at a time until the router proves itself stable. It may be a misconfiguration, intra-code mismatch between firmware or simply hardware failure. Test until each device/client is proven stable and not a problem on the newly configured network.

Please see the link in my signature below for further details and those guides to help you get your router back to a good/known state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!