What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 (and 384.13_4) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone managed to upgrade successfully via the android Asus router app?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AsusWRT-Merlin doesn't support that type of firmware upgrade, it's for stock firmware only. For AsusWRT-Merlin you'll have to upgrade it manually via the Web UI.

Should there be a function to delete custom settings from the config file, in the case of add-on uninstall or deprecation of a setting? Since it's limited to 8K in total, I think this would be useful as add-ons come and go and come. ;)

Could be handy, but for now devs can still directly use sed to remove their added entries.

Clean installed and after some reconfiguration everything so far seems to work well. :)
For some reason I was stuck on 384.13 beforehand, since no matter what firmware I picked my router would just brick itself until I factory reset it, so I waited for this version before redoing everything. ><;
Thanks for your work! ♥

I've just updated a few routers to the latest release (a few multiples of each model below). :)

RT-AC68U, RT-AC66U_B1, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U's.

Checked that amtm v3.1.2 FW was installed and ready.

Installed disk checker, even on routers that didn't have a USB drive attached.

Also installed scMerlin too on all routers today too.

No issues on any of them. :)

Note: Boy, those original/classic RT-AC68U's are slow! :D

Got it to work and install few of the tools via amtm. I see them in router web UI.
Have you installed dnsencrypt? Should i install it despite having DENSEC, DOT turned on or is this something different from all these?

Thanks

Choose one or the other, don’t use together. Either will encrypt your dns queries. DoT (included in router WebGUI) is best choice. I wouldn’t bother with DNSCrypt unless you have a special need for it.

I have OpenVPN on my Android set to connect to my router by its WAN address (through dynamic DNS) and it doesn't care whether I'm at home or away, I'm always connected.
Ah, great. But how? Havn't seen a solution that does not involve Tasker/Automate to automatically turn it off when coming home.
Any hints on the configuration?
Not a big deal to just turn it off/on whenever needed. Still interesting to get a handy but simple solution

I have OpenVPN on my Android set to connect to my router by its WAN address (through dynamic DNS) and it doesn't care whether I'm at home or away, I'm always connected.
How simple it was in the end... "Seemless tunnel" is the problem it seems. Does not work together with home network. So the problem was at least not on the router side then.

Edit. Seems to have been only temporary. Does not work again.

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 and 384.13_3 (for RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200) are now available. While these two releases contain few changes, the focus was on implementing a standard way for third party developers to implement and manage new features. This is accomplished in three ways:

1) Third party devs can now more easily add new pages to the webui (up to a maximum of 10 pages total are supported by the firmware), in any of the desired tabs
2) There is a settings repository, separate from nvram, which allows devs to add and store new settings, both from shell script and web pages
3) The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu (amtm) by thelonelycoder has been integrated in the firmware image, allowing users to more easily install/remove most popular addons, like Diversion or Skynet.

The documentation to the official addons API can be found on the Wiki: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Addons-API

The documentation for AMTM can be found here: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/AMTM

Also note that due to the increasing differences between the 382 code used by the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 and this firmware's 384 code, these two models are currently basically on "life support". The 384.13_4 version is being released simultaneously for these two models, implementing the most important changes of 384.15 to try to at least keep them in sync in terms of important features (addons and amtm). The future for these two models is currently up in the air, and will depend on how things will evolve in the future regarding Asus's own firmware releases. Unless they eventually bring these two models on the same code base as their newer models, I will eventually have to drop support for these two models. For now, these two models will stay on the last compatible code (384.13_x), and will mostly receive just general fixes.

The highlights of the changes in this release:
  • Implemented addon API for third party developers, allowing to add new webui pages, and interact with settings.
  • New wan-event script, which will replace the (deprecated) wan-start script. This script will obtain the WAN unit as first parameter (0 for first, 1 for second), and the event type as the second parameter. Current event types are: init, connecting, connected, disconnected, stopped, disabled and stopping. Event type "connected" will match the former wan-start script event. Wan-start will be removed in a future release.
  • Implemented amtm. This shell script allows you to easily install/unstall various popular addons. The officially supported Entware installation method is also through amtm now - running entware-setup.sh will simply launch amtm. To launch amtm, please login over ssh, and type "amtm".
  • Merged GPL 384_7756 for RT-AX88U (which adds OFDMA and WPA3 support), and 385_10002 for other models (except RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200). Note that there wasn't much changes in 385_10002 vs 384_81351. A few fixes were also backported from the (newer) 384_81981.
  • Updated components: odhcp6c (1.1-97-ge199804), curl (7.67), openssl-1.0 (1.0.2u) and dnsmasq (2.80-114-ge40d8be).
  • Improvements to httpd connection handling. @themiron pushed a number of fixes to the httpd daemon in how it handles browser connections, which makes the webui run a bit smoother - in my own tests I no longer encounter half-loaded pages. that would sometime occur when using https.

Please read the changelog for the detailed list of changes.

Please keep discussions in this thread on this particular firmware release. This thread will be locked after a while once the post-release feedback will have quieted down, to prevent this thread into becoming a general support thread.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Updated to 15 beta 1 ,by mistake, then straight to 15 rt ac 88 u running fast as ever did one hard reset straight away and will do another later tonight,thanks to l&ld for that tip , and a special thanks to Eric for all your hard work and thankyou both from all Aussies

Last edited:
Hey,
I'm currently at my AX88U 384.15 going all the way dirty from 384.15_alpha1...

I'm using Native IPV6 with DHCP-PD (either stateless or stateful) and even though IPV6 works good for all my clients,
The router has NO IPV6 connectivity.... any attempts to ping6 from ssh or the network tools timeout... I cannot update ep over amtm... it also timeout....
Once I disable IPV6 all the issues disappear and amtm works like a charm..

Could someone with native IPV6 could ssh into the router and try to ping6 google.com or even skip the DNS and directly ping6 2001:4860:4860::8888

BR,
Ankh

Hey,
I'm currently at my AX88U 384.15 going all the way dirty from 384.15_alpha1...

I'm using Native IPV6 with DHCP-PD (either stateless or stateful) and even though IPV6 works good for all my clients,
The router has NO IPV6 connectivity.... any attempts to ping6 from ssh or the network tools timeout... I cannot update ep over amtm... it also timeout....
Once I disable IPV6 all the issues disappear and amtm works like a charm..

Could someone with native IPV6 could ssh into the router and try to ping6 google.com or even skip the DNS and directly ping6 2001:4860:4860::8888

BR,
Ankh

This working fine here.....

https://ipv6.test-ipv6.com/

Doppio problema Wan
ho un AX88U e fw 384.15 (fantastico) ma ho riscontrato questo problema:

- Il modem su Wan funziona correttamente
- Se scollego il cavo Wan del modem, mi commuta correttamente alla connessione USB su Wan2 e se ricollego il cavo Wan torna a funzionalmente su Wan1 ... ma,
se scolleghi il cavo della linea telefonica dal modem e lascio il cavo CONNESSIONE.
[Allega] 21295 [/ allega]
Se ricollego il cavo della linea telefonica, il problema rimane continuamente fino al riavvio ... vedi video Link

Sembra che stia cercando di ripristinare la connessione Wan1 ma non trova la linea Internet che va in Loop e questo non dovrebbe succedere! ... cosa mi sbaglio?

[MEDIA = youtube] pZCUWGj7vnM [/ MEDIA] [/ Attach]
In english Please :eek:

Dual Wan problem
i have an AX88U and fw 384.15 (fantastic) but i encountered this problem:

- The modem on Wan is working properly
- If I disconnect the Wan cable of the modem, it correctly switches to the USB connection on Wan2 and if I reconnect the Wan cable it returns to functionally on Wan1 ... but,
if I disconnect the telephone line cable from the modem and leave the Wan cable connected to the Router (to simulate a disconnection), a sort of continuous connection and disconnection occurs between the Wan1 and Wan2, also by trying different settings of times and number of connection attempts . (see attached settings)
wan dual.jpg
If I reconnect the telephone line cable, the problem remains continuously until the Router is restarted ... see video Link
It looks like it is trying to restore the Wan1 connection but it cannot find the Internet line that goes in Loop and this should not happen!
... what am I wrong?

dirty flash 384.15 over beta
all working fine so far
thks Merlin for another supreme job!

Hello,

After upgrade to 384.15 - VPN Shows connected , but no IPs present and VPN IPs are not on VPN - regular provider IP (kill switch not working) probably it thinks its on VPN

Will revert to 384.14 now and report

upload_2020-2-10_14-58-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!