What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 (and 384.13_6) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@axaro1 if the stock firmware and the RMerlin firmware both don't work, then Asus needs to fix it.

Look towards a hopefully near-future firmware changelog that hints at this needed functionality you want.
I was told by an Asus rep that a firmware for the RT-AX56U was work in progress like 2 months ago, the human malware must have messed with the release schedule.
It seems like Asus is prioritizing the RT-AX58U right now

AX88U, dirty flash from .15 and things seem to be mostly fine.

Update since my post almost one week ago - there is certainly some problem with WiFi stability on AX88U and I am increasingly considering returning to .15 - does anybody else see the same issue? Any advice?

Update since my post almost one week ago - there is certainly some problem with WiFi stability on AX88U and I am increasingly considering returning to .15 - does anybody else see the same issue? Any advice?

Hi, not here. My AX88U wifi has been rock solid during all the 384.16 development cycle, including alphas and betas. We have about 20+ wifi devices in both bands (no AX devices currently though, and 160 mhz band NOT enabled). So if you post your wifi settings (general and professional tabs) I can spot you the differences so you can at least verify if it is something specific of your hardware or to your configuration...

I hadn't noticed this in the past (just updated 384.13 to .16).
I was just installing the latest OS on a Raspberry Pi. At the end I configure a Static IP that I normally use. The router would not stop listing it as the original Automatic IP. It ended up showing a 3 next to the Icon (3 devices?) and nothing for the Static IP. However, the Pi is correct and I could ssh and vnc into it with the Static IP. I finally had to do a totally new IP then go back later to the one I wanted.

The same appears to happen each time I set up a Pi now. Just a nuisance now for me, but others might have a problem.

I hadn't noticed this in the past (just updated 384.13 to .16).
I was just installing the latest OS on a Raspberry Pi. At the end I configure a Static IP that I normally use. The router would not stop listing it as the original Automatic IP. It ended up showing a 3 next to the Icon (3 devices?) and nothing for the Static IP. However, the Pi is correct and I could ssh and vnc into it with the Static IP. I finally had to do a totally new IP then go back later to the one I wanted.

The same appears to happen each time I set up a Pi now. Just a nuisance now for me, but others might have a problem.

How long did you wait before "I finally had to do a totally new ip..." ?

Hi everyone , specially @RMerlin

Thanks @RMerlin for his awesome work, it really has added the necessary parts to our hardware :)

I can well understand , hardware failures are part of game but just wanted to make sure , am i really a victim or may be a chance to life is still alive o_O

Ac88u and it's 2.4ghz looks dead but 5ghz shifted to 2.4ghz , is it normal?
Tried reverting to stock firmware, wps reset, nvram clear by ssh, nothing helped yet
Screenshot_20200415-003107.jpg
Screenshot_20200415-002956.jpg
Screenshot_20200415-002939.jpg
Screenshot_20200415-002927.jpg

Ac88u and it's 2.4ghz looks dead but 5ghz shifted to 2.4ghz , is it normal?

Could possibly be the router shifting radios indexing down by one as it can't find the 2.4 GHz radio. Can't say for sure, everything related to wifi is closed source.

Try to do a complete power reset (i.e. unplug power from the router while keeping the switch set to on, wait 5-10 secs, then plug it back on. If it still sees no 2.4 GHz radio, then it must be dead. Check your local warranty, many Asus models carry a 2 years warranty.

Try to do a complete power reset (i.e. unplug power from the router while keeping the switch set to on, wait 5-10 secs, then plug it back on. If it still sees no 2.4 GHz radio, then it must be dead. Check your local warranty, many Asus models carry a 2 years warranty.

That's one way for Asus to keep selling routers. :eek:

@RMerlin I just notice (on a RT-AX56U 384.16) even with QoS is ON Runner is Enabled.
A bug or a (marvelous) 56U capability ?
Needless to say RT-AX56U 384.16 is working flawlessly.
(i can't imagine how better can this firmware be when you get your hands on a RT-AX56U).

@RMerlin I just notice (on a RT-AX56U 384.16) even with QoS is ON Runner is Enabled.
(i can't imagine how better can this firmware be when you get your hands on a RT-AX56U).

Did you reboot after enabling QoS? In the past with my 68U even though after making a change such as QoS or AiProtection and the router doing what appeared to be a complete restart based on the slow percent count and long time to complete that it still never reset the NAT acceleration settings. I needed to issue a manual reboot after changing those settings to get the correct NAT acceleration status in the GUI.

Having the same/similar problem as this user:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/problem-with-guest-network-wrong-password.61946/
Can any other users with an AC88U create a guest network and see if devices stay connected? All my smart devices (smart plugs, bulbs, lightswitches, so on) are on a the guest network. After factory resetting my router, I reconfigured everything (ended up doing this twice to make sure it was a fresh reset) and the guest network eventually stops connecting to my devices. When I try to connect to the guest network manually on a phone or tablet, it will not connect. The main Wifi works fine. It was also working fine before I reset my router.
I have seen this error message:
reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
or
reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Not sure if they related. If anyone else can replicate this problem on their AC88U and find out how to fix it, let me know. Thanks.

I just notice (on a RT-AX56U 384.16) even with QoS is ON Runner is Enabled.

@GaselK
I don’t think that’s new is it? I’ve always run QoS (with FreshJR of course) on my RT-AC86U and Runner has displayed as ON as long as I can remember?

@GaselK
I don’t think that’s new is it? I’ve always run QoS (with FreshJR of course) on my RT-AC86U and Runner has displayed as ON as long as I can remember?

Are you running plain Qos or Adaptive Qos? I seem to recall that one of them was compatible with NAT acceleration and the other wasn't. And that could have all gone out the door with the new router models based on the HND platform.

Are you running plain Qos or Adaptive Qos? I seem to recall that one of them was compatible with NAT acceleration and the other wasn't. And that could have all gone out the door with the new router models based on the HND platform.

Adaptive QOS works with NAT Acceleration Traditional doesn't

Last edited:
@GaselK
I noticed it was on with my RT-AC86U from RMerlins previous FW. However on my RT-AX88U, using Adative QOS, Runner is now disabled.

I noticed it was on with my RT-AC86U from RMerlins previous FW. However on my RT-AX88U, using Adative QOS, Runner is now disabled.

Runner also turns off for me and flow cache stays on.

And with those settings i'm still able to hit full speed on my connection.

When I've done here is power off the unit for awhile...go for a walk (to relax from the frustration of why it's not working)...then on return, power up the router define a new SSID not used before. After a day or two, then I switch the SSID back to the original SSID name. This worked for me on a RT-AC87U, RT-AC86U & RT-AX88U in my home network as I have upgrades through the ASUS product line.:)
BTW; I do a lot of travelling, if I have illogical WiFi connection problems with a SSID on my laptop, I just try another SSID, then switch back to the SSID I really wanted and often that solves the issue.

Could possibly be the router shifting radios indexing down by one as it can't find the 2.4 GHz radio. Can't say for sure, everything related to wifi is closed source.

Thanks for prompt reply
Did the power cycle as per your instructions, it didn't help unfortunately :(
Time to say goodbye to AC88U

Welcome AX88U on board ;)
Hope to get one soon as deliveries are delayed due to epidemico_O

Thanks @RMerlin

I'm thinking to put laptop cooling pad under AX88U , as after this experience, i feel this happened due to warmer weather conditions here locally
Do you suggest cooling pads or it won't work?

@GaselK

That's what it looks like on my AX56U with Adaptive QoS on:
Runner: Disabled (QoS) - Flow Cache: Enabled
- F/W 384.16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!