What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 and 384.13_10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I upload some settings so u can help me
Out on this ? Or do u have some recommend settings for me ?

Follow the usual recommendation reposted multiple times: disable airtime fairness and beamforming, set a fixed channel, etc...

Follow the usual recommendation reposted multiple times: disable airtime fairness and beamforming, set a fixed channel, etc...

There are two beamforming Explicit and Universal, should both be disabled ? For 2.4 only or for both 2.4 and 5Ghz ?

Dirty upgrade from 384.17 to 384.18 on AC88U all okay
YaZi, Skynet, Diversion, Connmon, ScMerlin SpdMerlin, uiDivStats Scripts on USB3 drive all running fine

Edit: Saw 160Mhz checkbox option for 5Ghz Wi-Fi settings (Channel Bandwidth) although is not checked

Last edited:
There are two beamforming Explicit and Universal, should both be disabled ? For 2.4 only or for both 2.4 and 5Ghz ?

2.4 GHz: disable both.
5 GHz: disable universal/implicit only (as Explicit is actually part of the AC specs, so generally more compatible).

Ax56u failed to update
When i tried to upgrade it says "invalid version"

Currently running 384.18beta1

You uploaded the wrong model. Double check again.

AX56U flashed just fine as always.
Settings by hand after a factory erase (from time to time).
Everything is working perfectly. (But i wish i could install CakeQOS)
AX56U+Merlins FW= topnotch performance.
(Edgerouter X is positioned back to drawer :D).

Bug in AiMesh code. Ignore it, it's in Asus's hands.

Thanks for that, but its so hard to ignore,also found this in System log I've no idea what what it means.

Jun 30 10:43:16 kernel: The For ALL DEVICES flag of Prof 1 has been set to ENABLE

Just flashed over the Beta to 384.18 final. As always Thanks Merlin. :)

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 (current models) and 384.13_10 (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200) is now available. The focus of this release was the merge of new GPL releases from Asus.

384.13_10 will probably be the final release for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to the GPL code of these two models being currently completely out of sync with the code used by the other models.

Code:
384.18 (28-June-2020)
  - NOTE: A number of changes for some models are not backward
          compatible with previous versions.  Downgrading to
          a previous release will require a factory default reset
          afterward in many cases.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8563 for AX models.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_81918 for mainline models.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC86U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81902 for RT-AC5300.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC68U.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC3100.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC88U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_8563 for RT-AX58U.
  - UPDATED: amtm to 3.1.7.
  - UPDATED: Root certificate bundle to June 3rd 2020.
  - UPDATED: OUI database used by the webui.
  - UPDATED: Dropbear 2020.80 (themiron)
  - UPDATED: nano to 4.9.3.
  - CHANGED: Optimized OpenVPN routing policy storage (this change
             is NOT backward compatible with previous firmwares)
  - FIXED: ssh/scp client would fail to connect while negotiating
           a chacha20 connection (themiron)

384.13_10 (28-June-2020)
  This release will most likely be the last release for the
  RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to limited upstream support.

- UPDATED: Wireless driver from 382_52230 for RT-AC87U and
             RT-AC3200 (should in theory address Kr00k)

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 (current models) and 384.13_10 (RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200) is now available. The focus of this release was the merge of new GPL releases from Asus.

384.13_10 will probably be the final release for the RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to the GPL code of these two models being currently completely out of sync with the code used by the other models.

Code:
384.18 (28-June-2020)
  - NOTE: A number of changes for some models are not backward
          compatible with previous versions.  Downgrading to
          a previous release will require a factory default reset
          afterward in many cases.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8563 for AX models.
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_81918 for mainline models.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC86U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_81902 for RT-AC5300.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC68U.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 385_20490 for RT-AC3100.
  - UPDATED: Merged binary blobs 384_81918 for RT-AC88U.
  - UPDATED: Merged SDK + binary blobs 384_8563 for RT-AX58U.
  - UPDATED: nano to 4.9.3.
  - CHANGED: Optimized OpenVPN routing policy storage (this change
             is NOT backward compatible with previous firmwares)

384.13_10 (28-June-2020)
  This release will most likely be the last release for the
  RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200, due to limited upstream support.

- UPDATED: Wireless driver from 382_52230 for RT-AC87U and
             RT-AC3200 (should in theory address Kr00k)

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Do I need to perform factory reset if upgrading from 384.12 to .18?

I was hoping this update (384.18) would fix my client list problem in the network map, but it didn't. Asus's firmware has the same problem.

My AX58U is bridged to my AX88U, and I updated both to the new firmware; but, none of the bridged clients nor the AX58U show on the AX88U client list. The clients connect fine at least, so it's more of an annoyance. I can log into the AX58U and see all clients on the network map, including the AX88U, for some reason though. The AX88U is the primary, so I don't understand what's going on.

If I bridge my old N66U to the AX88U, it and its clients show on the AX88U network map; however, I have no idea why.

Not a fan of the new menu items, I know that's on Asus' end but it seems like they're just stacking more junk on top of an already bloated UI.

Can't even throw a style="display:none" on it since it's generated in javascript. I think the best place to do it is /www/require/modules/menuTree.js?

This seems to work:
Code:
mkdir -p '/jffs/www'
cp '/www/require/modules/menuTree.js' '/jffs/www/'
sed -i '/exclude:/{n;n;s/\[\]/\["menu_OpenNAT","menu_GameBoost"\]/}' '/jffs/www/menuTree.js'
mount -o bind '/jffs/www/menuTree.js' '/www/require/modules/menuTree.js'

There might be repeated entries, but Asus' own code could add menu_QoS up to three times...

Since updating my AC86U to 384.18 from 384.17, I now have the options in the Asus Router app to clear all offline devices and delete individual offline devices. Neither of these options were present in the app when on previous Merlin firmware versions, so must have been related to the merged SDK/binary blobs for this model, as I noticed a recent Asus firmware mentioned this app feature in its release notes.

So I'm new. I've enjoyed reading over this year the many posts on Asuswrt-Merlin and the wisdom of its creator and contributors. OK, is there any way to check or test Trend Micro component to see if it is working? The following is my version:
Trend Micro: Signature version
2.184 Updated : 2020/06/29 07:31

The last time I had any activity on the AiProtection tabs was back in May, but none since. I have installed many Asuswrt-Merlin versions ago NordVPN through Open VPN. Does that affect the Trend Micro component? And then when I use a browser I do have some extensions that do provide some overlapping features as Trend Micro - like DuckDuckGo privacy essentials. Might that extension interfere with the operation of Trend Micro? These may seem like infantile questions to the grand wisdom of all the contributors of this forum but I would appreciate any feedback you might provide. BTW 384.18 seems to work flawlessly on my RT-AX88U. In the previous version (.17) I did have a few times that OpenVPN dropped its connection to Nord, but so far .18 seems to hold the connection. Thanks, Stargazer

Capture.PNG
Some else asked this but never got an answer. Where the new options for "Game" and "Open NAT" (with no icon) mean't to be included in the RT-AC68 build? I ask because I have never had this prior and it is not included in the releases notes for either Merlin or Asus.

OK, is there any way to check or test Trend Micro component to see if it is working?

Malicious website blocking can be tested with these test URLs published here: https://success.trendmicro.com/solu...the-web-reputation-feature-in-officescan-osce

View attachment 24399
Some else asked this but never got an answer. Where the new options for "Game" and "Open NAT" (with no icon) mean't to be included in the RT-AC68 build? I ask because I have never had this prior and it is not included in the releases notes for either Merlin or Asus.

I see no reason why not. This is a generic feature that is not tied to any specific hardware platform.

Your icons will show up if you force refrech the page, or clear your browser cache.

I think the best place to do it is /www/require/modules/menuTree.js?

menuTree.js is the file to customize if you want to make changes to menu entries.

Last edited:
Thanks, I haven't changed the region however (set to Australia) and the options were there prior; just an odd occurrence

I don't know. Anything related to wifi is out of my control.

Following the update of my AC86U to 384.18 from 384.17 I had several Traditional QoS issues so I had to revert back to 384.17. I have the fq_codel selected and use 27 as WAN packet overhead. Hopefully the below will be of some use:
  • When I turn Off the QoS while the settings are being applied the router restarts itself every time I do that
  • There is no any data in Classification tab. I know for Traditional QoS onlyUpload data is available but there if no data showing there
  • On the Bandwidth monitoring tab the Upload and Download dials I couldn't see the static numbers (0M, 10M, 50M ...etc) any more they disappeared but still can still see the actual speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!