What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 and 384.13_10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, there is something new. I just changed the language (French) to English and the index.asp page appears correctly. so there is a bug ...

Congratulations for finding the bug ! I think it should not be complicated to fix ?

well, there is something new. I just changed the language (French) to English and the index.asp page appears correctly. so there is a bug ...

That's one think I was suspicious about - a localization problem. Unfortunately I am not able to test it as for some weird and unknown reasons my only choices are English, Dansk, Suomi, Norsk, and Svensk. All of them are working well. Normally I am using English.

Exact same behavior here since 384.18 beta. Happens regardless of browser.

With french language, I get a truncated homescreen (all other screens are fine).

No browser resetting httpd restart or rooter rebooting will fix it.

Changing language to English fixes it immediately.

Exact same behavior here since 384.18 beta. Happens regardless of browser.

With french language, I get a truncated homescreen (all other screens are fine).

No browser resetting httpd restart or rooter rebooting will fix it.

Changing language to English fixes it immediately.

thank you for this complete information. It only remains to wait for a fix to correct this problem...

It might only be for the asus router you have?

Do not see it anywhere in my router, I upgraded to the AX3000 last week.
Honestly i was surprised that those showed up. I thought those features are for RT-AC/AX-8x series and above

Hi, I have the following missing information on the AC5300 from 384.17 to 384.18

QoS Adaptativa -> Classification dont show any data. In version 384.17 display all the connection

Any idea ???

Attachments

• Traffic Classification.png
    Traffic Classification.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 183
surely another bug to report to the developers.
For now i stay on version 384.17

@RMerlin : I think I found a bug ... or something is weird with my router.
I updated my RT-AC88U from 384.17 to 384.18
When I go to Administration page, System tab and try to set Enable local NTP server to yes (I have Unbound running),
then when I click on Save, the page is not saved.
Instead an error is shown for Router Login Name: "This account already exists. Please enter a different name."
Even though I clear this field (it is filled in when I open the Administration page), I cannot save the changes.
I tried entering my password - no luck. I used Safari, Chrome and Firefox - none succeeded.

@RMerlin : for information, several people encounter this bug on version 384.18. Thanks for all that work !

Hello,
Same problem here on my AX88U flashed from 384.16 to 384.18.
Homescreen truncated. French language.
Unfortunately I can't revert to 384.16 or 384.17. Nuclear Reset and Hard factory reset won't let me access to the webUI. No chance to revert to previous firmware.
May I ask for some help. Thanking you in advance.

Honestly i was surprised that those showed up. I thought those features are for RT-AC/AX-8x series and above
Yeah weird? I dont see them, maybe take a pic and post to see in what tabs they should be in?

I have noticed that the HW option ( auto or disable ) is gone under the Lan/Switch Control tab.

Maybe this normal for the AX3000, dont know?

Hello,
Unfortunately I can't revert to 384.16 or 384.17. Nuclear Reset and Hard factory reset won't let me access to the webUI. No chance to revert to previous firmware.

Hello, many people are having the same problem right now.
The Nuclear Reset and Hard factory reset does not solve the problem.
I must have come back in around 384.17. The problem was reported on this topic.
We must now be patient for its resolution...

Hello,

As a temporary remediation you may switch to English.

@RMerlin : I think I found a bug ... or something is weird with my router.
I updated my RT-AC88U from 384.17 to 384.18
When I go to Administration page, System tab and try to set Enable local NTP server to yes (I have Unbound running),
then when I click on Save, the page is not saved.
Instead an error is shown for Router Login Name: "This account already exists. Please enter a different name."
Even though I clear this field (it is filled in when I open the Administration page), I cannot save the changes.
I tried entering my password - no luck. I used Safari, Chrome and Firefox - none succeeded.
Guess what? It's a glitch that's back from 2013! I'm experiencing the same thing as described here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/bug-when-applying-a-change-in-admin-system-page.9787/
Also, my router has the name: RT-AC88U -- just as in the thread from 2013 with a dash in the name.
Anyway, I fixed the problem temporarily by entering admin as username and then renaming it later back to what I had.
However, if I want to make a change to that page, then it requires that I enter 'admin' as Router Login Name.
Removing the dash from the router's name did not fix this by the way...

@Unetwork and @netware5 : thanks for your answers.
But I can't access to the webUi. No possibility to flash the router to 384.17 or switch the language to English. Any idea ?

As a solution of last resort you may use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool.

Please report this problem to the developers for a correction of the problem.

Known issue, the French dictionary file contains something that breaks the UI.

Thanks! Can you tell me please Enable TX Bursting on both should be disable or ?

Leave as it is, AFAIK it only concerns 802.11g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!