What's new

[RELEASE] ECLIPSEMON v0.0.1 - Crazy Complex Solar Eclipse Astronomical Calculator to predict if a Solar Eclipse will appear today!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is a better one in Aug 2, 2027. Luxor, Egypt, 6min 23s.

1712628995821.png

This is going to be an amazing place to observe a total solar eclipse! 👽

View attachment 57817

I have a feeling that Luxor is going to get overrun with eclipse tourists!

Originally I was going to join two of my sisters for eclipse viewing in Buffalo, but we decided to go to Women's NCAA Basketball Final 4 in Cleveland, followed by eclipse. Best decision EVER since Buffalo was completely clouded over. My sisters had tix for games, and I planned to watch final from hotel until resale ticket immediately next to them became available. Paid a bit more for it than maybe I should have, but worth every penny!

I have a feeling that Luxor is going to get overrun with eclipse tourists!

In millions. I don't know how and where they (we) are going to fit. I've been there years ago, Nile River Valley is like 10km wide and surrounded by desert. The Luxor Temple has a parking lot for like 10 buses. Will start researching options after I come back.

This is from Syracuse, NY. It’s a still frame from a video and it was cloudy, so not the best quality.

IMG_1006.jpeg

Suggestions for script improvements:

1. Report the direction and elevation of the sun at the time of the eclipse for any location.
2. Report the % of totality for any location.
3. Have the router hold my beer at the time of the eclipse.
4. Report as a tooltip how to angle the router to use the cooling slots as a colander to project images of the eclipse.
5. Revise VPNMonitor to select the optimal VPN server to connect to for closest location to the eclipse at any time.

Sure... here is one unforgettable Solar Eclipse 2024 picture. 😀

View attachment 57815

What authority is responsible for the Sun and Moon movements?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you‘re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to the next event 😎

I landed safely in Zurich.

Suggestions for script improvements:

1. Report the direction and elevation of the sun at the time of the eclipse for any location.
2. Report the % of totality for any location.
3. Have the router hold my beer at the time of the eclipse.
4. Report as a tooltip how to angle the router to use the cooling slots as a colander to project images of the eclipse.
5. Revise VPNMonitor to select the optimal VPN server to connect to for closest location to the eclipse at any time.

6. Have the router provide some cake, and eat it too?

All sound very reasonable! On it!

In Northern California (real north - last city before mountain ranges collide). Sunny 250 days out of the year.
Unfortunately only 30% here…

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpeg
    IMG_2487.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
In Northern California (real north - last city before mountain ranges collide). Sunny 250 days out of the year.
Unfortunately only 30% here…
I read that 49 states were able to see the eclipse, with Alaska being the only one that couldn't. Pretty amazing. ;)

Embarking on a journey from my hometown in Michigan, I found myself steering south for two and a half hours, all the way to Toledo, Ohio to witness this celestial spectacle of totality. I had seen partial eclipses before, but this was on a whole different level. The journey was not without its challenges. My family and I, along with thousands of other sky-gazers, was ensnared in an unending traffic jam. But every minute spent in that gridlock was worth it for what was to come - a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

As the eclipse approached totality the temperature, which had been a comfortable 74°F, plummeted to a chilly 54°F within a matter of minutes. It was as if nature itself was holding its breath, waiting for the spectacle to unfold.
The coolest part was the solar flares dancing around the edges of the moon’s silhouette. One flare stood out at the bottom, a brilliant beacon. It was a remarkable sight, truly, it was an experience I will never forget.

I've been lucky that I've been able to experience 3 full, or close to 100%, eclipses in the last 7 years. 2017 was the first one while living in the St Louis, MO area. We moved to Santa Fe, NM in 2019 and got to experience the full eclipse of Oct 14, 2023. We moved back to the St Louis, MO area in Feb of this year and we were at 98% viewing for yesterday's eclipse.

It was 4th scheduled total eclipse for me, but this time got lots of Corona beer and none of Sun's Corona. 🤭

August 12, 2026 is easy access to me, but totality will be only around 1min 20sec across Northern Spain. August 2, 2027 though is next "must see" event. Turns out it's even easier for me - Gibraltar will have 4min 28sec of totality and I have a house about 150km from there in Southern Spain. I go there every summer anyway.

I'm not leaving without Corona pictures, no way Jose. 😬

1712702635086.png

From the News 😄
According to the searches, some individuals in the sun's path may have been concerned that they had looked at it for too long. In the United States, searches for "my eyes hurt" increased between 2:30 and 3 pm ET (12:00 am to 12:30 am IST), coinciding with the solar eclipse over a sizable chunk of the nation. By 4 pm ET (1:30 am IST), when the eclipse had passed over most of the United States, searches for the topic had decreased, but they were still greater than they had been in prior years.

From the News 😄
The only suitable response to this is:

1712773696655.jpeg

(and the Captain isn't saying "ooooo my eyes hurt".... he's face-palming. :p )

Last edited:

It sure will be ... bring your sunnies ...

Attachments

• Luxor.jpg
    Luxor.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3