What's new

remote access enabled and ddns started by a custom script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Geoffster

Occasional Visitor
hi I'm the attached log at 2256 it shows remote access being enabled and ddns turning on with a custom script. amongst other things

i don't have either of these enabled and I'm concerned how they are starting,

and who has access to my router to do this?

Attachments

• messages.log.txt
    287.1 KB · Views: 95
This would probably been better posted in the Merlin forum, since it appears you're using an ASUS RT-AX58U w/ Merlin.

Code:
May  5 12:05:07 kernel: Linux version 4.1.52 (merlin@ubuntu-dev) (gcc version 5.5.0 (Buildroot 2017.11.1) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 22 14:57:00 EDT 2022

As far as Mastiff is concerned ...

I can also see you have various AddOns (e.g., Diversion) and custom scripts installed as a result.

Code:
Jun 25 20:15:29 Diversion: Starting Entware and Diversion services on /tmp/mnt/30gbusb

It's NOT uncommon for an AddOn to configure and start other processes or custom scripts.

So it's NOT as if the router is a *clean*, factory fresh install. It's been modified. If it was, I could better understand your concern.