What's new

Remote connection via SSH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robbinh00d

New Around Here
I used to be able to use Putty to connect to my DDWRT router at home from work. The internet filter at my workplace is set to "North Korea" so even relevant information is blocked.

Since I cannot get DDWRT to work on my N66U I am using Merlin's firmware but cannot connect to it from work. There's a noob-friendly step by step wiki for DDWRT so can we have one for Merlin's firmware as well?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thank you very much for the reply!!

Here's the weird thing in my situation....I am not even able to ping my router from work. Is it possible for my employer's IT communists to actually block ping requests?

I'll give all of this a go tomorrow at work and see if I can swing it.

THanks again!!

Thank you very much for the reply!!

Here's the weird thing in my situation....I am not even able to ping my router from work. Is it possible for my employer's IT communists to actually block ping requests?

I'll give all of this a go tomorrow at work and see if I can swing it.

THanks again!!

Make sure your modem is bridged and not acting as a router. This would prevent port forwarding from working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!