What's new

Remote Logging sometimes broken

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corgan2222

Occasional Visitor
Hey,

after i configured a central logging server on a root server and send the syslog from around 20 clients, i saw some strange folders. After some research i found the problem. The syslog on my RT-AX88U with 384.10_2 is broken sometimes.

1. The format goes crazy. Sometimes the date is twice.
Anmerkung 2019-04-29 231313.jpg

on the central logging server the system breakes, because the logs going to a complete nonsense folder.

Anmerkung 2019-04-29 232209.jpg

2. Sometime the Date is May 5 07:05:08. Sometimes on reboot, but sometime completly random after some hours. This happend all on the router bevor sending. Im logging from rsyslog into influx and this breaks the metrics. :/

Anmerkung 2019-04-29 232516.jpg

i hade searched on the forum and there is a thread with the same date problem, but without an answer.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/errors-in-syslog-since-384-10_2-upgrade.56213/
I have a USB Stick mounted in the router.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

2. Sometime the Date is May 5 07:05:08. Sometimes on reboot, but sometime completly random after some hours. This happend all on the router bevor sending. Im logging from rsyslog into influx and this breaks the metrics. :/

This is normal. The router has no battery-backed up RTC, so clock gets reset to a fixed date on reboots, until ntpd can kick in and set the clock.