What's new

restoring cstats and rstats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andresmorago

Hello

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I couldnt find anything.

I had to reset my router after upgrading to latest version. I got a copy of 2 gz statt files that i had configured to be stored on my usb drive. After restoring my router, is there a way i could kee using these stats files instead of starting from zero?

thanks

First, make sure you keep a copy of those files in a safe location so they don't accidentally get overwritten.

I haven't tried this, but would assume that if you setup the traffic monitoring options it will start looking for those files. You should see such messages in the syslog. Presumably you could now copy the original files to the appropriate directories and reboot to make them active?

Let us know how you get on.

I have not tried it either but I backup the following files in case I do:
Code:
/jffs/.sys/AiProtectionMonitor/AiProtectionMonitor.db 
/jffs/.sys/WebHistory/WebHistory.db 
/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db 
/jffs/.sys/nc/nt_center.db 
/tmp/mnt/ent/traffic/tomato_rstats_0c9d9201f098.gz

First, make sure you keep a copy of those files in a safe location so they don't accidentally get overwritten.

I haven't tried this, but would assume that if you setup the traffic monitoring options it will start looking for those files. You should see such messages in the syslog. Presumably you could now copy the original files to the appropriate directories and reboot to make them active?

Let us know how you get on.

Hi. I tried it and after enabling traffic monitoring and rebooting, cstats and rstats are created from scratch. I tried to replace them and after another reboot, files will be restarted from scratch again (file size will go back to 1kb instead of my backups files sizes)

Try this:

Log onto the router and

# killall rstats
# killall cstats

Then copy over the old files and

# sync

Now turn off the power to the router. Don't use the software reboot. Then turn the power back on.

Any change?

Try this:

Log onto the router and

# killall rstats
# killall cstats

Then copy over the old files and

# sync

Now turn off the power to the router. Don't use the software reboot. Then turn the power back on.

Any change?
success!!
now i will wait to see it restored file is updated with new stats

thanks so much

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online