What's new

Review Request: Acer Easystore H340

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wamblej

New Around Here
I would love to see a review of this NAS drive. I know it is similar to the HP's in that it has WHS, however I would really like to see some speed tests that can compare to your other NAS speed tests.
I was originally planning on getting an MSI Wind or something similar and loading WHS on it, however when I saw this I figured it was basically the same thing only with 4 hot swappable drive bays. My concern is the MSI is around 50 on the speed chart and I have seen people say that they get around 16 with the Acer. I'm not sure how that would be, since it is just an Intel Atom 1.6, but actually has more ram than the wind. Any thoughts, pointers, or a review by you guys would be great!

I'm sorry - I realize that all but the review request are general questions - so if this post needs to be moved or removed, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. I don't have any Acer press contacts, but I'll see what I can do.

Hi Tim,

are there any news regarding this request?

For this device is sold for about €399,- in Germany (including two 1TB WD green), I'm very interested in a review and comparison.

In my opinion this is a _very_ good peace of hardware for every kind of "Home NAS" (I already bought it for myself):

Intel Atom 230
2 Gig RAM
4 Hotswappable bays
nice case (my opinion).

The possibility run other operating systems than WHS (I tested openfiler 2.3 successfully, Ubuntu or FreeNAS should not be that problem), makes this NAS a great pice of hardware for a lot of users.

Therefore a review, using your testbed would be greatly appreciated.

No sorry. The review isn't in the que and I have no schedule for it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!