What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hclarkjr

Occasional Visitor
hi, sad to say mine just broke. it is dropping wifi forcing me to reboot every time i want to connect back to it. bought it 1/20, kind of upset that it only lasted this long. this is 2 asus routers in a row that have lasted little over a year before biting the dust. any recommendations on replacement?

hi, sad to say mine just broke. it is dropping wifi forcing me to reboot every time i want to connect back to it. bought it 1/20, kind of upset that it only lasted this long. this is 2 asus routers in a row that have lasted little over a year before biting the dust. any recommendations on replacement?

RT-AC86U or RT-AX86U.

OE

That's extremely weird!
Do you install them near an MRI machine? Or a pair of heavy subwoofers?
Or simply the power provider is that bad in your area.
Unfortunately for home equipments there's no way to diagnose exactly what failed. But you should install your new router (no matter the vendor) into a different physical location and you should consider a small UPS. I have a still working 68U for 9 years now. And my GT-AC5300 will turn 4 this autumn. They are not bad equiments and highly recommending for you to check the environment. You can't be that unlucky to loose a router per year.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!