Router keep pinging google.com blocked by PiHole

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

jonesstuff

New Around Here
Hello,
I have pi-hole set up at home that blocks all connection to Google. The problem is for some reason the router keeps pinging to google.com every 5s. The pi-hole blocks all those pings but it's annoying since it messes with blocked sites statistics. Does it do this to check for internet connectivity? is there a way to change it to ping somewhere else ? My router is Asus RT-AX86 on version 386.3 of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Thank you

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
What do you have set under Administration - System > Basic Config > Network Monitoring

SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Part of the Furniture
Hello,
I have pi-hole set up at home that blocks all connection to Google. The problem is for some reason the router keeps pinging to google.com every 5s. The pi-hole blocks all those pings but it's annoying since it messes with blocked sites statistics. Does it do this to check for internet connectivity? is there a way to change it to ping somewhere else ? My router is Asus RT-AX86 on version 386.3 of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Thank you
on dnsmasq on the router, just type in dnsmasq.conf.add address=/google.com/#

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!