What's new

Router keep pinging google.com blocked by PiHole

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jonesstuff

New Around Here
Hello,
I have pi-hole set up at home that blocks all connection to Google. The problem is for some reason the router keeps pinging to google.com every 5s. The pi-hole blocks all those pings but it's annoying since it messes with blocked sites statistics. Does it do this to check for internet connectivity? is there a way to change it to ping somewhere else ? My router is Asus RT-AX86 on version 386.3 of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Thank you

What do you have set under Administration - System > Basic Config > Network Monitoring

Hello,
I have pi-hole set up at home that blocks all connection to Google. The problem is for some reason the router keeps pinging to google.com every 5s. The pi-hole blocks all those pings but it's annoying since it messes with blocked sites statistics. Does it do this to check for internet connectivity? is there a way to change it to ping somewhere else ? My router is Asus RT-AX86 on version 386.3 of Asuswrt-Merlin.

Thank you
on dnsmasq on the router, just type in dnsmasq.conf.add address=/google.com/#