What's new

Router model

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

papajoe41

New Around Here
Hi I was wondering if the firmware for the Asus AX88U would also work on the Asus AX6000 router?
Thanks,
Joe

Welcome to the forums @papajoe41.

No, it won't.

Welcome to the forums @papajoe41.

No, it won't.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the RT-AX88U and AX6000 can be the same thing. Several of ASUS' routers have two names:
  • RT-AX58U == AX3000 (based upon market or retailer)
  • RT-AX82U == AX5400
  • RT-AX86U == AX5700
  • RT-AX88U == AX6000

20220215_094803.jpeg

"AX6000" is not a router model, it's just a marketing speed rating. The full name would be something like RT-AX6000 or GT-AX6000.

"AX6000" is not a router model, it's just a marketing speed rating. The full name would be something like RT-AX6000 or GT-AX6000.
Thanks for setting me straight. This is inconsistent with the AX3000 and RT-AX58U which are the same thing in different markets. I checked again, and it is indeed RT-AX3000 which is equivalent to RT-AX58U.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I am looking for a new router and really want to make sure that I can use the Asus-Merlin firmware. How about the ROG Rapture GT AX11000?
Thanks, Papajoe41

Viktor Jaep- The list that you sent me is not the latest on the site (see insert). On there is the 'GT AX11000'. Does that include the ROG Rapture GT AX11000?
Thanks, papajoe41

Attachments

• Screenshot (167).png
    Screenshot (167).png
    123.5 KB · Views: 53
The same router. This is the only Asus GT-AX11000. Folks around are more happy with different model though - RT-AX86U.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for a new router and really want to make sure that I can use the Asus-Merlin firmware. How about the ROG Rapture GT AX11000?
Thanks, Papajoe41

I am running Merlin 386.4 with an one month old GT-AX11000 (A1.1) and it is stable. Mind you that 5GHz-1 could be a lot weaker than 5GHz-2 depends on your country's regulations. Unless you really need an extra 5GHz band, the RT-AX86U might be a better buy (and likely have better firmware support in the long run considered its popularity).

I have joined this Asus Forum so that I can get answers from long time users or professionals about what this all means. Asus has the standard Asus routers, the Asus Gaming routers and the Asus ROG Routers. Are there significant differences that would make one be able to use the Merlin firmware while another cannot? A cannot find an GT AX11000 on the regular routers only on the ROG Rapture. So, can the Merlin 386.4 for the GT AX11000 be used on the ROG Rapture GT AX11000 unit?
Thanks, Papajoe41

Read the replies above. They're the same router. At least, today. ;)

Thanks, again. So, the thing to look at it is the AX11000 . The rest of the name just gives the manufacturer a reason to charge more. LOL
Papajoe41

No, the full model's name is the 'thing to look at'.

Asus GT-AX11000.

Anything else and you're potentially doing the bait and switch, on yourself.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!