What's new

Routers as shared drives / network folders?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ldeveraux

Occasional Visitor
1668861983791.png

I just updated the firmware on my nodes to 386.7_2 and now they appear in my list of network drives or shared folders. I tried searching but I'm not sure what these are called. I think I've turned everything OFF in the USB Application tabs. This happened when I upgraded the nodes from stock fw to merlin. Can I disable this feature, or do I need to revert to stock firmware on the nodes?

It's just windows picking up on a network advertisement from the devices.

1668862677413.png

The links would simply open up their WEB GUI to make it simpler to get to them.

But this just started today after updating, never happened before. I thought disabling something in the UI stopped this from happening in the past?

Just disable sharing in Windows.
Your solution to seeing empty share drives that just appeared today is to disable sharing? I have other shared drives I use daily, I'm not going to disable it. I don't know why an empty node is being shared, unless there's a setting I missed

Ok, then disable network discovery or check the node for dlna and disable it.
Jeez, I didn't even know that was a thing. I've recently had to add nodes through the web interface, usually I'd do it through the Android app. The shares have always been disabled by default before, weird not this time. Not sure why it's not a global setting either, had to change it for each node. Fixed!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!