What's new

Routing between VPN server 1 and server 2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yiannis

Regular Contributor
I have an Asus RT-AC68U (location B) in which I have setup the two openVPN servers. The VPN server 1 is dedicated for regular LAN access from devices in the Internet. The VPN server 2 is used for a site-to-site vpn with another Asus RT-AC68U in Location A. The diagram of my setup can be found in this link

I would like to achieve a routing in such way so that remote devices connected to VPN server 1 of Location B to be able to exchange traffic with LAN devices of Location A by utilising the s2s vpn connection. Therefore, based on my diagram, I would like any device from the 10.8.0.0/24 subnet to be able to communicate with the 192.168.177.0/24 subnet.

Would that be possible? Any advice would be much appreciated.

If location B already has access to location A's LAN (192.168.177.0/24) due to the site-to-site connection, there's no reason that same network isn't available to client's of location A's other OpenVPN server (10.8.0.0/24). It's just another network established in location B's routing table. But it requires keeping everyone in the chain informed of the proper routing.

You have to push the 192.168.177.0/24 network to the clients of the OpenVPN server at location B (10.8.0.0/24) so they know to route that network over the tunnel.

Code:
push "route 192.168.177.0 255.255.255.0"

And you need to push the 10.8.0.0/24 network to location A of the site-to-site connection, so devices on 192.168.177.0/24 know to route traffic from 10.8.0.0/24 back over the site-to-site tunnel.

Code:
push "route 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0"

dear friend! I followed what you said and it worked brilliantly!

I've been looking to do the same thing and came across this today! Made life much easier and worked perfectly, thank you!

Waking up this thread and asking for help with the similar and little bit bigger setup. Can you take a look at this thread and see if you can help me figure it out?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!